PDA

View Full Version : 10 Months = Too Young for WDW?

LoveBeingMrs
08-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Just found out that my DH might go to a conference held at the Disney Resort in December. I hadn't even considered taking DS to WDW this year, because I figured we'd wait until he was older. He'll be 10 months old by then, and I'm worried he might be too young to have fun.

DH would be stuck in lectures and such all morning and afternoon, so if I do decide to take DS to WDW, it'd be just us two. Is he even going to have fun?

Should I bring my own stroller (Uppababy Vista or Bugaboo Bee), or should I rent? If renting, where should I rent from, and what stroller would you recommend? Please help!! :p

klwa
08-16-2010, 06:54 AM
He'll have fun if his mommy has fun. :) My DB & DSIL took their son at about that age, although they had an older DD at the time. The pictures of DNephew are cute & he looks to be having a ball. Just take it slow.

TwinFoxes
08-16-2010, 08:18 AM
It'll be fun, but a different type of fun than older kids have. He will enjoy looking around at all of the new things. And rides like the train, horse drawn carriages and People Mover will be exciting for him.

And just thnk of the cute photos you can take!!

SnuggleBuggles
08-16-2010, 08:38 AM
It'll be fun, but a different type of fun than older kids have. He will enjoy looking around at all of the new things. And rides like the train, horse drawn carriages and People Mover will be exciting for him.

:yeahthat: Do it! It'll be fun. :) There are things he can see, do and enjoy.

Beth

billysmommy
08-16-2010, 08:39 AM

:yeahthat:

And the next time you go it will still all be "new" to him again :)

LKMang
08-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Definitely do it!!! We took DS for his first bday and had a blast! We are going back in about a month. DS will be 21 months old and I don't think it is going to be as fun. He was so much more easy going at 12 months and liked to sit in his stroller. He also liked the rides. Now he is a scaredy cat and way more likely to have a major tantrum when he doesn't get his way!

egoldber
08-16-2010, 09:54 AM
It will be fun. :) We took my oldest for the first time at 14 months because she and I tagged along on a business trip. It was what got us totally hooked!

g-mama
08-16-2010, 10:01 AM
It will be fun for both of you. We've gone when our middle ds was just 4 months old. Of course, it wasn't the same experience for him as it was when we went again when he was 4 years old, but it's still fun to be there...more fun than at home, for sure!

LoveBeingMrs
08-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks so much for the encouragement! I think I'll go to WDW with my DS for at LEAST one day while we're there.

It will be fun. :) We took my oldest for the first time at 14 months because she and I tagged along on a business trip. It was what got us totally hooked!

This is exactly what I'm going to be doing. What did you do there other than WDW? How did you manage your LO by yourself?

g-mama
08-16-2010, 03:19 PM
How did you manage your LO by yourself?

If you just have one child, it shouldn't be difficult. Just put your baby in a stroller and enjoy walking around and seeing everything. You can feed him while he sits in the stroller, take him into some of the shows, play in the kiddie areas....just relax! Sounds heavenly.

DebbieJ
08-16-2010, 03:39 PM
We went in June. DS1 is 6 and DS2 was 9 months at the time. He hung out in the stroller A LOT, but did go on quite a few rides with me. I nursed him on several rides/shows, too (Small World, Boat ride in Mexico, Philharmagic, for example). He also got to see the most characters as we hung out while DS1 and DH went on rides together.

LoveBeingMrs
08-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks SO much for your responses!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

fivi2
08-16-2010, 05:37 PM
I do enjoy Disney, but in your situation, I would only deal with the expense and crowds of going to the parks if *you* would enjoy it. If it were me, I would definitely tag along on the trip, but spend my time at the pool, checking out the free stuff at the hotels, and maybe doing a hotel character meal. There are boat rides, monorail rides, playgrounds, etc all around WDW without going to a park. Ft Wilderness has carriage rides or wagon rides, and a campfire. (and there is more stuff at other hotels). In December there will be a lot of christmas decorations to look at.

Now plenty of adults love the shows and rides and go without kids, so if it is your thing, go for it. I don't think it is a waste or anything to take an infant, but I also don't think the infant will get a ton out of it. So, I would make the decision based on whether you would enjoy it. JMO!

Fairy
08-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Two years ago I'd've said you were nuts. Today, a more informed Disneyholic? Go for it. Nothing is too anything for Disney. At ten months, the only thing I'd says is to remember that you're not goign for THEM, you're going for YOU, and bringing them. Not that there won't be lots of stimulation for them to watch and enjoy with wonder, but this will be your experience, ultiamtely, not theirs. But I would totally go!