PDA

View Full Version : Toddler chalk and crayons

dukie41181
08-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Where do I find these? I've looked at local grocery stores that have evrything in the way of markers, crayons, dry erase, etc. Except the toddler, chubby versions. Where do you find this? I'm trying to avoid a trip to BRU because its not close. Maybe Target?

o_mom
08-16-2010, 08:57 AM
We never used the chunky crayons, just went straight to regular sized. I have seen them at Target, Walmart, etc., though. Check the Back to School section as well as the office and art supplies. Chalk, look for sidewalk chalk, but it is seasonal in many places, so they may be out of it. Target may carry it in art supplies year-round. Michaels/JoAnn/Hobby Lobby also carry a wider variety than a grocery store.

lowrioh
08-16-2010, 09:34 AM
We got toddler crayons and sidewalk chalk at Target. They were in the aisle near the greeting cards/office supplies.
We got the triangular shaped toddler crayons so they don't roll of the table all the time.
One piece of advice, make sure you get the washable crayons. I speak from experience.

MoJo
08-16-2010, 10:21 AM
I'll second that washable is more important than chunky!

schrocat
08-16-2010, 10:42 AM
My toddler has been using the skinny crayola crayons and chalk for the past few months. You can find the thicker toddler crayons at any Target though.

pantrygirl
08-16-2010, 11:48 AM
I'll second that washable is more important than chunky!
:yeahthat:
Washable has saved me many a time.
I also like that if we're outside and she misses the paper, I can wipe off the crayon from the table.

lowrioh
08-16-2010, 11:55 AM
:yeahthat:
Washable has saved me many a time.
I also like that if we're outside and she misses the paper, I can wipe off the crayon from the table.

I've washed crayon from the floor, wall, couch, carpet, ottoman, mirror, windows etc....I have a SAHD who isn't always as diligent as I am with the crayon monitoring.