PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers plz from someone who's read the True Blood books?

conniez
08-16-2010, 09:07 AM
I know the books & the series diverge a bit, but I'm wondering if anyone who has read the books would be willing to spoil a couple of things for me? Assuming these characters are in the book & might be remotely similar in the series: 1) What (if anything) is Jesus & what is the motivation behind his sudden interest in Lafayette?, 2) What's the deal w/ Jason's new gf & her family (are they supposed to be something/shifters?)?

Btw, I'm reading the books, but I've only finished Book 1.

kransden
08-16-2010, 09:18 AM
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

Jesus is not in the books at all. Lafayette was killed in the first book. The black woman in the car was supposed to be him.

The Hotshot people are all were-panthers. In the book, they were more poor white trash with an inbreeding problem. None of the drug dealing in Hotshot was in the book. Calvin Norris was an honorable man, not a methe/ v dealer.

Hope that helps.

conniez
08-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks for that! Guess I'll have to just wait & see what is up with Jesus! :( I just finished the 1st book & starting on the 2nd....I guess the body they talked about in Andy's car (while he was wasted at Merlotte's) is supposed to be Lafayette. Someone posted a thread to a True Blood website where they discuss the books vs. the movies, but I just couldn't navigate my way through it in order to find what I was looking for!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

Jesus is not in the books at all. Lafayette was killed in the first book. The black woman in the car was supposed to be him.

The Hotshot people are all were-panthers. In the book, they were more poor white trash with an inbreeding problem. None of the drug dealing in Hotshot was in the book. Calvin Norris was an honorable man, not a methe/ v dealer.

Hope that helps.