PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on Disney plush Mickey/Minnie?

conniez
08-16-2010, 09:32 AM
DD2 has a sudden love of anything thing Disney (notably Mickey/Minnie Mouse or Goofy) - all of whom are called "cici"...so I'm thinking of getting her one of these plush dolls. DH, of course, is totally against this seeing as we're trying to save for a new car & he's convinced she'll forget about it in 5 minutes. But DD LOVED them when we were at DL (she spent 30 minutes straight holding a Pluto stuffed animal & saying "I jumping!"). The deal at the Disney store right now is 2/$25 (they are normally $16.50), but I don't have anyone else to give the 2nd one, too. Was also curious if this is the best deal that's ever been out on these stuffed animals?

conniez
08-16-2010, 07:57 PM
DD2 has a sudden love of anything thing Disney (notably Mickey/Minnie Mouse or Goofy) - all of whom are called "cici"...so I'm thinking of getting her one of these plush dolls. DH, of course, is totally against this seeing as we're trying to save for a new car & he's convinced she'll forget about it in 5 minutes. But DD LOVED them when we were at DL (she spent 30 minutes straight holding a Pluto stuffed animal & saying "I jumping!"). The deal at the Disney store right now is 2/$25 (they are normally $16.50), but I don't have anyone else to give the 2nd one, too. Was also curious if this is the best deal that's ever been out on these stuffed animals?

anyone?

TwinFoxes
08-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Disney has a vice like grip on its merchandise. It's hard to find discounted genuine merchandise. Do you have a Disney Store Outlet near you? I think that will be your best bet. Although their prices don't seem much better than the regular store. Could you buy two, and use one as a gift later? Either for your DD, or a relative?

conniez
08-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Disney has a vice like grip on its merchandise. It's hard to find discounted genuine merchandise. Do you have a Disney Store Outlet near you? I think that will be your best bet. Although their prices don't seem much better than the regular store. Could you buy two, and use one as a gift later? Either for your DD, or a relative?

lol That first line had me choking on my cereal :p That's what we were thinking of doing (buying 1 & saving 1 for a gift...maybe for BIL's son/our nephew). 2 things were stopping us though: 1) our serious lack of space in this teeny apt (we haven't seen in-laws for a while now), and 2) the fact that BIL is a total jerk & will probably not let DN use the stuffed animal because it's not a "boy" toy :shake: yep...only footballs & video games for his boy. I may just do it though & give it to DN regardless...SIL is an angel & she probably won't let BIL throw the toy out ;)

DrSally
08-16-2010, 08:47 PM
DN is really into Minnie Mouse. I've actually seen some small plush Minnie's at Walmart for a very good price (under $10).

jenstring95
08-16-2010, 09:41 PM
I am pretty sure the Disney Store ran a BOGO on their stuffed animals earlier this year, but I guess that still doesn't really solve your problem of only wanting one. Maybe you could find a Toy Story plush (like Rex the dino or something) that BIL might find less objectionable...Just thinking, he would freak out if he had my DS whose favorite colors are pink and purple and who dresses up in princess dresses from time to time!

conniez
08-16-2010, 09:46 PM
I am pretty sure the Disney Store ran a BOGO on their stuffed animals earlier this year, but I guess that still doesn't really solve your problem of only wanting one. Maybe you could find a Toy Story plush (like Rex the dino or something) that BIL might find less objectionable...Just thinking, he would freak out if he had my DS whose favorite colors are pink and purple and who dresses up in princess dresses from time to time!

Darn, I always miss out on the good deals! Btw, if DD was a boy I would totally be okay with her playing with traditional boy toys (and vice versa if I had a son).