PDA

View Full Version : 3rd trimester- how are you feeling?

carochinha
08-16-2010, 01:56 PM
It's my first pregnancy and just checking in how others in similar timeframes are doing? I've got 4 weeks until the EDD. It's been an easy gestation but I'm now feeling tight and full in my belly *all* the time. Lower back soreness that arrived at the end of the day is now consistent throughout the day. A little swelling in the feet but not much. I've gained a little over 20 pounds to date and it seems all to have latched onto my breasts and belly.

Par for the course? Wondering how other "almost there" mothers are doing...

new_mom_mry
08-16-2010, 02:41 PM
I am also a first time expecting mom. I am 27 weeks today (so behind you) and for now feeling great. I have a ton of energy still and this has been a very smooth pregnancy thus far, minus the 1st trimester filled with bouts of nausea and low energy. Good luck to you, you are almost there!

rkold
08-16-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm a first time mother as well and about to finish week 31, so also behind you.

I'm feeling sleepy all the time and have felt an increase in my heartburn. Sometimes my DC's movements keep my from sleeping well, but OTOH I love feeling the movements because it means she is doing well. I also feel awkward because my belly is larger and sometimes it feels very full.

I'm still enjoying 3rd Trimester more than 1st since I'm not throwing up constantly. >>;

swissair81
08-16-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm 37 weeks & 1 day & I'm just done for. It is my first summer pregnancy & the first one that the baby dropped at all. Today's check: 1.5cm/80% effaced/0 station (and it was a real dramatic drop too. last monday the baby was -3 station). So naturally I am a sweaty fat person who feels like she is walking with a bowling ball between her legs. DS was born at 38 6/7 weeks, so hopefully this is the last week that I can complain about being pregnant. Stay tuned for next week when (hopefully) I will be complaining about afterpains, lack of sleep & sore nipples instead. It will be a nice change.

ewpmsw
08-16-2010, 03:45 PM
My due date is two days away and I am done, done, done with all of it. The baby feels like she can't possibly drop any lower. Braxton-Hicks keep getting really strong, then slacking off, just enough to tease me into thinking, "Today's the day!" Not. It's hot and I'm over that, too. My brain is completely fried. I locked my toddler in the car by mistake last week. My IL's and parents are trying to make DH and I nuts with some ridiculous competition over who will see and care for our toddler and when. I've been blessed with a pretty easy pregnancy, but I'm restless and impatient for this kid to be here. I don't feel chatty or social or interested in anything but getting her out and meeting her.

marymoo86
08-16-2010, 04:00 PM
29 weeks and things are starting to become a bit more difficult. Slight swelling in the feet and noticing the strain on my back now. Overall not too bad and have had a relatively good pregnancy so far. She's is definitely starting to feel heavy!

luckytwenty
08-16-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm 28ish weeks with my third pregnancy and everything was going GREAT until a few weeks ago, when I started to get severe pelvic and leg pain, especially at night. I mean, I was exercising 3-5 days a week and everything--I felt "normal," just bigger. Now, I feel like an invalid.

I get excited by ads for Halloween costumes--if Halloween is right around the corner, hey, so is Nov. 2!

swissair81
08-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey luckytwenty, did you change your siggy today? I thought it used to say 'and doing it all over again Nov 2010'. I have random people stopping me in store aisles just to ask me if I am having a girl. For some reason, not a single person thinks it's a boy. I kind of smile at them & say 'we'll see'...

luckytwenty
08-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I did change it--I finally figured out how to change my signature though I knew the gender two months ago. :-P

It's so funny how people have these preconceptions about gender and act like they're being totally rational. Um, yeah, sure, it's scientifically proven that if your belly looks like a watermelon it's a girl, sure...

swissair81
08-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Funny thing is, I always carry exactly the same. I don't think there is any science involved. I think it has more to do with the mother's genetics & body build than anything else.

I love those gender prediction quizzes. Some of them are so nonsensical. My pillow always faces the same direction, I never eat the heel of bread & I don't care which way a needle will swing over my belly. Plus, my signs apparently contradict each other, so I get results that say I am 60% having a girl & 40% having a boy. Well uh, unless it's twins, it's one or the other, right?

luckytwenty
08-16-2010, 06:14 PM
I carried exactly the same all three times. I even have been gaining the same (which is to say a LOT...I just hope I lose at the same speed as I did the other two times!)

The only thing that was constant with both boy pregnancies and not the girl pregnancy was the cravings. I wanted sweeter foods when PG with my girl. BUT...I'd been on a low carb kick for months before getting pregnant with her and was probably just making up for lost time in the ice cream aisle. :-P

KrystalS
08-16-2010, 06:52 PM
I will be 31 weeks tomorrow and I'm completely miserable! DS is extremely low, feels like he could 'fall out'! I carried my DD really high the whole pregnancy, she never dropped until I was in labor. I'm having a really hard time sleeping, every time I roll over pain shoots through my back and lower abdomen. I feel a lot of pressure right on top of my vaginal area, I guess theres a bone there?! Feel stupid saying that!

The next 2 months can't go fast enough for me!!

brgnmom
08-17-2010, 12:23 AM
I recently started the 3rd trimester, and I've been feeling well so far... I tested negative for GD which was a real relief. I'm seeing my OB every 3 weeks, and time seems to be passing by much more quickly now. Can't believe it's already almost the end of my DS's summer vacation and he'll be starting school soon.

BigDog
08-17-2010, 09:25 AM
I will be 31 weeks tomorrow and I'm completely miserable! DS is extremely low, feels like he could 'fall out'! I carried my DD really high the whole pregnancy, she never dropped until I was in labor. I'm having a really hard time sleeping, every time I roll over pain shoots through my back and lower abdomen. I feel a lot of pressure right on top of my vaginal area, I guess theres a bone there?! Feel stupid saying that!

When I was around 30-31 weeks I started having the same problems too - I'm almost 37 weeks now and it's worse! I can barely stand for more than 5 minutes before having to sit down. And forget walking... I took my last trip to Target over the weekend and I was in and out of there in record time!

This is my second pregnancy and it has sucked! My first was a piece of cake (minus the labor and delivery part!), I had no problems, no morning sickness, felt great and was moving around up until I delivered. This time around I've had aches, pains, ridiculous amount of discharge, no energy, etc for nearly the entire 9 months. Every time I complain to my OB about it they say "well, it's your 2nd..." I'm getting tired of that excuse! I gained around 33lbs with my first and (so far) only 16lbs with my second - I guess because I'm chasing a toddler around, although I'm eating like a cow! As of my appt last Thursday, I'm already 70% effaced so I'm freaking out. Not ready for the exhaustion and sleepless nights... but more than ready to be able to walk again, roll over in bed, and not have to pee every 10 minutes!

Roni
08-17-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm 37 weeks today and am pretty miserable. I'm laughing at the Target reference. I took the girls back-to-school shopping at Target yesterday, and I was having contractions most of the time I was there.

My biggest issue is that I can't sleep at night, so I'm kind of a zombie.

swissair81
08-17-2010, 02:41 PM
I went to Target yesterday too. For school supplies. That store has never seemed so big. I also went to Staples.

LadyPeter
08-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Felt fantastic until 28 weeks. Now? Out of breath, can't sleep, legs crampy, sweaty. I tried to unlock the back door of my house with the key fob to my car, so...that should tell you something.

OctoberMommy2010
08-17-2010, 09:09 PM
32 weeks and feeling cramped! This is my first baby and I suppose I can't complain, although I have been nauseous most of the pregnancy (yuck!) Lately, it's the frequent peeing and heartburn that is bugging me. The peanut's movements are starting to get uncomfortable too. I was at a funeral service this morning and got a jab so hard in the pelvic region that I jumped in my seat.