PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh. We are SO off our game

alexsmommy
08-16-2010, 03:10 PM
I was off work last week. Although I did start moving DS1 and DS2 bedtimes back towards the school year time, I haven't made them get up at any particular time. In addition, I've let them sleep as late as I could all summer, sometimes even carrying DS2 over to my parents in his pj's half asleep (they do my child care, live one house away - yes, I do know how lucky I am). Today I got up at my regular school year time to see an 8:30 am client which is my normal start time. Even without having to get the boys breakfasts, get school-bags, drop DS1 at school etc, I barely made it in time. The boys were moving slow as molasses. I'd misplaced my pumping equipment - I had put it "away" for safekeeping since I didn't need it last week. I had no lunches to pack, no papers to sign, no jackets/hats/gloves to find....We are SO off our game as far as getting ready and out the door in the alloted time. Normally we are a well oiled machine with ten minutes of "uh-oh" time built in (you know, uh-oh mom I got jelly on my shirt...uh-oh mom I forgot to do this page of math...uh-oh mom, I can't find my gym shoes and it's gym day)
School starts next week.
We have a long way to go.
It's going to be an interesting first week.

Meatball Mommie
08-16-2010, 03:21 PM
I'll be struggling right with you... although I have 3 more weeks of summer vacation to figure it out.

Next week after our houseguests leave I think we're going to try and get back into the morning routine...we'll see...

DebbieJ
08-16-2010, 03:37 PM
I hear ya. We are a stay up late/sleep in kind of family.

Today I wanted to get up at school time and get MYSELF ready to go (and leave the boys in bed) and I couldn't even do THAT!

Next week is going to be rough for sure.