PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a new sand shovel

mom2one
08-16-2010, 05:56 PM
We went to the beach with friends. She brought all of the sand toys. I broke one of the large shovels she had gotten for her kids. I told her I would replace it. I have looked everywhere I go. I know everyone is selling out of summer items. It was probably at least two feet long plastic digging shovel. Anyone got any ideas oho still might have one?

Tondi G
08-16-2010, 06:06 PM
we had one like that ... got it at the dollar store!

rlu
08-16-2010, 06:09 PM
I was just at walgreens and they are clearancing their summer toys (also their 10" bouncing balls - .49 each and character balls 1.24) although I was not looking at the pails and do not know what size shovels they had.

We have given up on plastic shovels and just use our gardening shovels now. DS broke two plastic ones in one afternoon, hence the change to metal.

mom2one
08-16-2010, 06:24 PM
I found a nice looking one online at 4thebeach.com, it is the junior shovel, about $5' it is the shipping that is killing me. It does have a wooden handle though.

I tried our dollar store, cvs, target, local grocery store.....no shovels.

Babymakes3
08-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Target had them on clearance a couple weeks ago, maybe they still have some left. They were like $1.38 or something at my store, I bought a big one and a couple smaller ones.