PDA

View Full Version : the movers lost my computer

Nicsmom
08-16-2010, 10:20 PM
So on top of the material loss I am fearing identity theft. We had all our financial information in the computer! And to make matters worse DH insisted that we should take it with us on the plane and I objected. We were flying with 2 kids and a dog, so I said it would be crazy to carry a huge computer with us. Ugh.

arivecchi
08-16-2010, 10:30 PM
They "lost" it? Yeah right. Was it insured? If so, file a claim and I would report the moving co. to the BBB if they do not assist you. Also, sign up for credit monitoring and change your cc info just in case.

Nicsmom
08-16-2010, 10:38 PM
yeah, I know, they "lost" the one box that had our most expensive item. Thanks for the advice. I'll do that.

MamaMolly
08-17-2010, 12:14 AM
remember to change your passwords on your accounts. Just incase you left any cookies on.

I'm sorry this happened. My DH would have pushed the computer box off the back of the van just to be able to get a new one. Check with your homeowners (or renter's) insurance and read over the moving contract. You may be able to file a claim. What a PITA, though.

vonfirmath
08-17-2010, 09:17 AM
We lost our vacuum in our move :( They just forgot to take it off the van and my husband didn't notice and I wasn't there because I had taken DS away to get him out from underfoot.

We called to report it right away, but never got it back. Sigh. I just tell myself, in the scheme of things, it could have been MUCH worse. But it was a wedding present from my parents :(

Corie
08-17-2010, 12:58 PM
That really stinks!!

My DH would never let me live that one down!!

sste
08-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Movers have always covered lost/missing items for us. I guess some number of our moves were corporate and the insurance is included (??).

Def. check. I agree that is rather suspicious . . .

AshleyAnn
08-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Wow how terrible! We're doing our next move with movers and I was planning to have them move DH's computer but now I'm rethinking that. I hope they find it!!!