PDA

View Full Version : Cramping & Bleeding at 5 wks

Myira
08-17-2010, 03:20 PM
I am only 5w 2 days and since morning I am having slight cramping along with bleeding. In the morning I was seeing blood on toilet paper, but now I have some on the pad I used as well. My ob's office drew blood to check my hcg level & will do so again on Thursday.

hpts were still showing a positive in the morning. Am I already mis-carrying if I am bleeding? Can a pregnancy hold with bleeding?
Is there anything I can do or not do right now?

luckytwenty
08-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Is it red blood or just spotting?

I hope you're OK. I bled a lot with my first pregnancy, but it was brown/pink. It also started at 5 weeks. The kid is now 7...sure hope everything is OK!!

Myira
08-17-2010, 03:53 PM
It is red blood or dark red blood with mucus. My pad is not filled or anything yet, but like a light period. But I am cramping at regular intervals.
Also after I pee, there is blood that comes out. My hopes are down.

Just been a week since i have known, but been dreaming you know....

Can I bleed and still have a viable pregnancy?

swissair81
08-17-2010, 03:55 PM
I hemorrhaged this pregnancy- for weeks. So much darn bright red blood. I thought I miscarried for sure. Meanwhile, 27 weeks later, I am almost due.

luckytwenty
08-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Many women bleed a lot and still have normal pregnancies/babies. My bleeding (which lasted a few weeks was due to a burst blood vessel inside the uterus.

luv2bmommy
08-17-2010, 04:37 PM
I really hope and pray you will be just fine, but I would be on the cautious side, since I had exactly what you are having, exactly the same week, and only after the first MC I decided to check my progesterone level and it was extremely low during the second pregnancy, 5.2 or so, and lost that too 2 weeks later. I was always told to go in and get checked/get blood drawn if I was cramping in addition of bleeding. I assume they did not checked your prog. level with the labs you had, so you might request a separate one just for that. That said, I was started prog. right away with my second preg. but they said it was not started in time for it to save that preg. as I should have started it right after ovulation. Best of luck, and let us know!!! BTW, I would just do bedrest, if it's afterhours where you are. You know, I was told there is nothing they do to prevent a MC until after 3 consecutive ones, but I am glad I pushed for that prog. level checked the second time around, that is how I was diagnosed and had a healthy preg. the third time around with prog. supplementation. PS. I heard/took red raspberry leaf tea helps, if a fetus is healthy it will help the uterus hold it, if it is not, it will make it easier the other way around.