PDA

View Full Version : What does your 2 yo DDs wardrobe consist of?

SoloMelody
08-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I am looking in to building DDs fall/winter wardrobe and wondering what works. We live in the PNW, winters are not harsh.
Here is what I plan on
- shoes - 1 pair boots, 1 pair mary janes, 1 pair of sneakers
- 1 winter coat with hood
- 1 raincoat - rain boots if I can find matching ones for the Hatley polka dots coat
- 1 fleece jacket,
- 1 softshell jacket
- 1-2 hoodie/sweatshirt/sweater
- 2 caps
- 8 pairs leggings/tunics/dresses
- 2 pairs of jeans and long sleeve shirts
- use summer shirts/tanks for layering
- 12 pairs of socks
- 2 occasion wear outfits
- 6 pjs
- 6-10 training unders
Am I missing anything imp?
What do you have in your 2 yo DDs fall/winter wardrobe look like?
What do you think are must haves?

wellyes
08-17-2010, 03:59 PM
I was never that organized about it, but I'd say 8 shirt/pant outfits plus 3 dresses should be enough if you do laundry weekly. What's "clothing for daycare?" Different clothes?

Don't forget PJs. I have my skinny DD in 2T carter's. We buy boys because I think they're more toddler appropriate (dinosaurs and lizards and jungle animals vs all pink cuteness).

WatchingThemGrow
08-17-2010, 04:49 PM
We didn't do jeans at 2yo - actually we don't jeans much at all. They aren't easy up/down for independent potty training/using. DD wore more leggings/soft pants at that age. I usually shoot for 10 sets, knowing that some will run small, some will run big, some will get left in the "to be treated for stains" pile, and some need to be in her bag for oops clothes. I buy most of our daily wear used, though, so another couple outfits is at most $8-10.

Did you include training underwear or regular unders, hat/mittens, snowpants? why no rainboots? My DS1 (2) has gotten more enjoyment out of them than we have "used" them, but I can't imagine not having them. Oh yeah, pj's - we do regular weight, then fleece also, plus a sleepsack.

emily
08-17-2010, 04:58 PM
That's a really good point about PT and jeans. I'm hoping DD will be PTed in the next month or so. I guess I'll return the skinny jeans I bought. They weren't very practical anyway. Just so darn cute.

wellyes
08-17-2010, 05:14 PM
We didn't do jeans at 2yo - actually we don't jeans much at all. They aren't easy up/down for independent potty training/using. DD wore more leggings/soft pants at that age. I
Reading this, it occurred to me that I have never used the button/zipper part of DD's jeans. I just pull them off & on like leggings. Maybe that is odd?

SoloMelody
08-17-2010, 05:42 PM
We didn't do jeans at 2yo - actually we don't jeans much at all. They aren't easy up/down for independent potty training/using. DD wore more leggings/soft pants at that age. I usually shoot for 10 sets, knowing that some will run small, some will run big, some will get left in the "to be treated for stains" pile, and some need to be in her bag for oops clothes. I buy most of our daily wear used, though, so another couple outfits is at most $8-10.

Did you include training underwear or regular unders, hat/mittens, snowpants? why no rainboots? My DS1 (2) has gotten more enjoyment out of them than we have "used" them, but I can't imagine not having them. Oh yeah, pj's - we do regular weight, then fleece also, plus a sleepsack.

we start officially PT next month after we get back from a vacation. Alright more legging/soft pants, few jeans.

We have a raincoat that was a gift hatley red polka dots, I just cant seem to find the matching boots or any neutral enough red/white boots to go with them at a decent price.

maestramommy
08-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Wow, you are organized! I never knew exactly how many of anything I had. I just opened the tub with the clothes that fit, and that's what my kids wore:p

It's funny because it's really cold here during the winter, but Dora has only one pair of jeans, and the other two don't have any! Maybe because we came from SoCal and didn't have the habit of buying them. But I remember Arwyn wore mostly fleece pants and Target legging type pants, long sleeve shirts under Tshirts, or short sleeve undershirts under long sleeve shirts/playdresses. We do a lot of layering here because for whatever reason my kids refuse to wear sweaters and sweatshirts. For sleep they have 2-3 fleece jammies.

Since we moved out here, the girls also have 1 pair of boots, 1 snowpants, 1 light winter jacket, and one thicker snow jacket. They also have 1 pair of sneakers, and one pair of church/dress shoes.

SoloMelody
08-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Wow, you are organized! I never knew exactly how many of anything I had. I just opened the tub with the clothes that fit, and that's what my kids wore:p

It's funny because it's really cold here during the winter, but Dora has only one pair of jeans, and the other two don't have any! Maybe because we came from SoCal and didn't have the habit of buying them. But I remember Arwyn wore mostly fleece pants and Target legging type pants, long sleeve shirts under Tshirts, or short sleeve undershirts under long sleeve shirts/playdresses. We do a lot of layering here because for whatever reason my kids refuse to wear sweaters and sweatshirts.

Since we moved out here, the girls also have 1 pair of boots, 1 snowpants, 1 light winter jacket, and one thicker snow jacket. They also have 1 pair of sneakers, and one pair of church/dress shoes.

I am trying to be organized this year as I have been feeling that the summer wardrobe was not at all organized, realized I had so many cute things but they dont match,a ton of weird looking dresses that were gifts, or way too big!

Just thought a list would help me get a little more organized for fall/winter. I should add sneakers and sweater/hoodies to the list. Thanks!

hbridge
08-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Make sure you have a least two pairs of shoes (real shoes). At about that age DC helped her father wash the car in the only pair of shoes an hour before ALL the grandparents arrived for an outing. To say the least DC was NOT happy that the only shoes we had that were dry and clean were too small!

SM23Mama21
08-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Unless you plan on doing laundry 2-3 times a week, I would add more PJ's to your list. I don't know about your DD, but my DS often wakes up in a wet bed (dispite all the different diapers we've tried).

twowhat?
08-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Mild winter here too. So far we have:

Lots of leggings and yoga pants
sweat pants
long-sleeve t-shirts
fleece hoodies
shoes (sneakers and MJs)
footed fleece jammies that I got way on sale last year

That's about it...I don't really plan on buying more, except for maybe a few more pairs of sweat pants and maybe a few sweatshirts.

maestramommy
08-17-2010, 06:35 PM
I am trying to be organized this year as I have been feeling that the summer wardrobe was not at all organized, realized I had so many cute things but they dont match,a ton of weird looking dresses that were gifts, or way too big!

I think it might be because your DD is your first. When Dora was two she was still going into outfits that we got as gifts. None of her clothes were organized until she started outgrowing them. I put them away in tubs labeled by age/size. Once Arwyn came along it was a fairly simply matter to go to the next size tub. MY trouble is putting away outgrown or non-seasonal clothes away. I still have the girl's cold/spring outfits in a pile in my room:p

niccig
08-17-2010, 07:10 PM
You are organized. Good for you, maybe you can avoid what I found yesterday. DS is 5 and this Fall will be in size 5 pants. I bought 2 jeans in that size in late spring, just in case we needed them before I got more. I went through DS's closet and forgot that 2 years ago my mother bought DS several outfits in size 5. Add in what MIL has given us at Christmas, the 2 jeans I bought, and the 2 pants I got at a consignment sale last Fall, and I now have FOURTEEN pairs of long pants for ONE child. 17 if you count the sweat pants from last year that still fit him.

Of course, I have no long-sleeved top or sweaters in size 5.

Moral of story - stay on top of clothes in the closet!

larig
08-17-2010, 08:45 PM
how about these rain boots? (ladybugs and polkadots are a winning combo).
http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=118854&cm_mmc=Google_Feed-_-9-_-53-_-%7Bkeyword%7D&kw=%7Bkeyword%7D

SoloMelody
08-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I guess I am a matchy matchy person! Black and red will not do, but ladybugs and polka dots yes.

This is what we have red with white polks dots.

http://www.thriftyandchicmom.com/2009/11/eco-friendly-kids-rain-gear-giveaway/

ourbabygirl
08-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Would these work?

http://www.target.com/Toddler-Ladybug-Dot-Rain-Boots/dp/B0037V0RDE/ref=br_1_22?ie=UTF8&id=Toddler%20Ladybug%20Dot%20Rain%20Boots&node=690565011&searchSize=150&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-22&qid=1282093417&rh=&searchBinNameList=target_com_category-bin%2Cstyle_name%2Ctarget_com_shoe_size-bin%2Clifestyle-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cpattern_name-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

If the link doesn't work, go to Target.com and look for toddler girls' boots... these are $16.99, I think; red with white polka dots.

WatchingThemGrow
08-17-2010, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't worry about getting matching rainboots, unless you just have to. We usually do solid raincoats (HA anoraks on sale/ebay) then whatever colorful rainboots I find at consignment sales for a few $$. I've invested maybe 9 in the 4 pairs we have.

maestramommy
08-18-2010, 07:31 AM
I'm just curious, when do kids wear their raincoats? I have only bought rainboots for the kids, and even that was starting to feel like a waste because they never go out in the rain! They've worn them on rainy days, but it's only to walk to and from the car. They also wear them to the beach when it's cold out. I did finally break down and get them kid sized umbrellas, but that was more for fun than for going out in the rain. They kept wanting to play with mine, and it's from Taiwan, getting frail, and I'm very attached to it.

crl
08-18-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm just curious, when do kids wear their raincoats? I have only bought rainboots for the kids, and even that was starting to feel like a waste because they never go out in the rain! They've worn them on rainy days, but it's only to walk to and from the car. They also wear them to the beach when it's cold out. I did finally break down and get them kid sized umbrellas, but that was more for fun than for going out in the rain. They kept wanting to play with mine, and it's from Taiwan, getting frail, and I'm very attached to it.

When ds was that age we went for walks in the rain. Just to get out of the house. And I'd let him jump in any puddle he could find. So rain boots were more or less a toy for us.

Catherine

Dream
08-18-2010, 09:36 AM
DD will be 2 next month and I really haven't thought about her winter wardrobe. Previously I've bought thingsbefore the season and during the season and what I realise it she has way two many cloths. Some of them doesn't even have a matching pant or the top so I have to keep buying. This time I'm avoiding buying early and I'm hoping to use most summer clothes for layering.

What I really need for her is a good winter coat and long sleeve Ts or onesis for layering.

ZeeBaby
08-18-2010, 10:09 AM
DD will be 2 next month and I really haven't thought about her winter wardrobe. Previously I've bought thingsbefore the season and during the season and what I realise it she has way two many cloths. Some of them doesn't even have a matching pant or the top so I have to keep buying. This time I'm avoiding buying early and I'm hoping to use most summer clothes for layering.

What I really need for her is a good winter coat and long sleeve Ts or onesis for layering.

I tend to have the same problem too. Overbuying because of excellent sales! I don't spend a ton of money, but DD1 had a lot of clothes. Thankfully DD2 gives it a second wear so I feel less guilty now. I haven't started working on the fall wardrobe yet. It is still so warm here that I don't want to think about Fall, but I don't want to miss all the sales either.

TwinFoxes
08-18-2010, 11:43 AM
I tend to have the same problem too. Overbuying because of excellent sales! I don't spend a ton of money, but DD1 had a lot of clothes.

This is me. DDs have a LOT of clothes. There won't be any future DDs to get more wear out of them though! They also seem to be able to fit in some clothes for a long time. They still have 12 month clothes that fit...although they technically wear 2Ts (24 months never fit them, too short and wide).

One up side, I don't have to do laundry as much. :)

WatchingThemGrow
08-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Raincoats? We use them going to/from the gym on rainy days, preschool, maybe a walk in the rain while pushing DS2 in the Triumph with a raincover... Although I always cross my fingers that they will come back home from preschool - as the HA anoraks are pricey, but much more comfy than all the others.

peanut520
08-18-2010, 03:01 PM
omg... i am too embarassed to list! and i was having a serious panic attack this weekend that she would have nothing to wear.

LMPC
08-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Another over-buyer here....but like PP's I buy everything at crazy sale prices and then consign it all the next year (no more DDs to wear it). Right now, DD has lots of long pants and sweaters. This is a look I love on little kids and know that next year, she will have her own opinion and I will not be able to have any input into her wardrobe! She also has rainboots ($2 at a flea market...NWT yippee!), low boots, and maryjanes. It's mild here in the winter, so I bought a couple of fleece jackets for the colder days. I couldn't bring myself to list everything here, but just know that I was embarrassed when I did an "inventory" the other day before heading to the mall.... meanwhile, I am wearing shorts I bought back in 1997 at a thrift shop....hmmmm.

SoloMelody
08-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Would these work?

http://www.target.com/Toddler-Ladybug-Dot-Rain-Boots/dp/B0037V0RDE/ref=br_1_22?ie=UTF8&id=Toddler%20Ladybug%20Dot%20Rain%20Boots&node=690565011&searchSize=150&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-22&qid=1282093417&rh=&searchBinNameList=target_com_category-bin%2Cstyle_name%2Ctarget_com_shoe_size-bin%2Clifestyle-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cpattern_name-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

If the link doesn't work, go to Target.com and look for toddler girls' boots... these are $16.99, I think; red with white polka dots.

I like them! The red maybe a little too dark, but they may just work.
Thanks!

SoloMelody
08-19-2010, 04:32 PM

We live in Seattle, and light showers dont stop us from doing things. The primary use of the raincoat is at daycare, even if its lightly raining and temperature isnt too cold, they will go out to play 2 times a day as usual.