PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Kids twin bed?

Glizmo
08-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Not sure which forum this belongs in, so went with the one with most traffic :)

DH and I were at Costco today and saw a Cafe Kids twin bed that we really liked the look of for DD's big girl room. Does anyone have experience with this furniture brand? How well does it hold up? The internets aren't helping me much :)

Thanks!

edurnemk
08-17-2010, 09:44 PM
We have this chalk table and chairs at my mom's
http://www.cafekid.com/present/Chalktable/

I love it, it's super sturdy, made of solid wood and even grown ups sit on those chairs and they're still look new. Honestly I've been tempted to get one for our house, but we already have a table from Ikea so it's probably overkill. I'm very satisfied with the quality. I saw an easel at Cosco this week, and liked a lot more than the Melissa & Doug one we have, entirely another level of quality.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy more furniture from them.

Mirthful
08-18-2010, 05:21 AM
Both of my kids have their bedroom sets from Cafe Kid, purchased through Costco. We've been very happy with the furniture. One set is 3 years old now and it looks just like it did when we bought it. The drawers still glide well, nothing has fallen apart or fallen off, and we continue to like the styling.

One problem that we did have is that the company that delivers for them isn't very careful. One dresser had a gash in it and one nightstand was splintered. It was clear that the boxes had been dropped. CafeKid replaced everything without any hassle.

HTH!

WatchingThemGrow
08-18-2010, 06:33 AM
I saw this set (http://www.cafekid.com/present/Hailey/) for girls at Costco and thought it looked a lot like our YA stuff in theory. Know nothing of the quality, though. cute

Melaine
08-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Sorry, this is totally not helpful, but I get to make my first Costco trip tomorrow! I'm so excited!

Glizmo
08-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Thank you everyone! The bed we're looking at is from the Courtney collection on their website, it has the option of having posts, pillars, or a canopy, which we really liked. And it would go with her existing dresser & nightstand. I'm glad to hear their quality holds up! I think we'll get it! :D

Melaine, have fun on your first Costco trip! Good luck keeping to a budget, lol! We have a running joke that we can never make it out of there without spending at least $100 (although last trip we squeaked in at $90!)

TonFirst
08-18-2010, 11:43 AM
My son has a Cafe Kids twin bed from Costco and we absolutely love it. The quality is stellar - it's a substantial piece of furniture. Absolutely recommend.

Percycat
08-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Another happy Cafe Kid's family. We have a white trundle bed; I do not think it is made anymore. The bed is very solid. I was worried about the paint chipping over time, but we have had it for 3 years and it has seen some rough use (e.g., daughter climbing on railings to get into the bed). There are a lot of nice finishing details that aren't always included on kids furniture (e.g., the decorative trim is on both sides of the trundle, instead of just the side that is intended to face out).

We had great delivery from Costco.... I ordered mine from the website. I purchased it during an online sale before I was ready to move my DD into a big girl bed. We kept the bed in the boxes in our garage and didn't assemble it until months later. I was assured from Costco that if for any reason we didn't like the bed when we finally got around to assembling it I could return it to the store and get all of my money back, including the shipping charges. You gotta love Costco's return policy. : ) But, of course, we were pleased with the bed and never had to test the return policy.

I think the product lines at Cafe Kid change frequently. If you think you might want more furniture from this collection, you should consider getting it now. But, the white bed we bought is a nice white that seems to match a lot of other whites. I think it looks nicely with the dressers and night stand my SIL used as a child and my DD now has in her room.

I think you will be happy.
Angela