PDA

View Full Version : Droid 2 Weirdness

strollerqueen
08-18-2010, 04:03 AM
OK, I caved! Got the last one in the store, the second day they hit the shelves. Thanks Bill, et all! :bowdown: HowEVER, a few hours after I got it, a message appeared on the screen: "This phone belongs to Zach. If found, please call: (916) xxx-xxxx." So of course, I call. Talk to the guy's wife. He had bought his Droid 2 that morning, several hundred miles away from me. She is getting my phone calls and texts. We both go to the Verizon store. They act like I have two heads. They say, "Oh, we don't trouble-shoot that here. Call CS." So I do. They have no idea what is going on. Then the message vanishes, and is replaced by "If found, call Technical Support. (800) xxx-xxxx." Phone is also getting really hot. CS says they will send me another one, BUT they have to charge me first. DH would not be happy. In the meantime, Zach's wife calls me, and says the message on their screen has been replaced by "If found, call Ina, at: XXX-XXXX." Now I just looked at my screen, and it says "This phone belongs to Kendall Kaiser. If found, call (206) xxx-xxxx." WHAT THE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone have any ideas about what is happening, or what I should do? :6::shrug::help::13:

zukeypur
08-18-2010, 06:21 AM
What the heck!? Have you gone to the droid forum to see if anyone there knows what's going on?

toby
08-18-2010, 08:23 AM
This is sounding a bit like science fiction...and, I have to say, made me laugh with the way that you wrote it. Very annoying for you! I would think that they could reprogram your phone in the store...but that would be logical. Who is your cell phone provider and have you called them?

BillK
08-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Have you tried wipe/restore yet?

If that doesn't help I'd be on the phone with VZW tech support and demand to be escalated if the first couple of tier techs don't know what to do (which I'm guessing is what will happen).

As far as getting hot - my experience has been (even with my iPhone) is that if you're doing a lot of surfing/game playing the phone will get warm. Also - if you're not on wifi and using 3G and doing a lot of surfing the warm up is even greater. Keep in mind these phones today are like little PC's in your pocket only their CPU is crammed inside a tiny little enclosure with no fan or anything to keep it cool. There's always going to be some heat generated. Now if yours is unbearable that's another story and you should see about getting it replaced.

kboyle
08-18-2010, 02:57 PM
i would try and factory reset/restore too. :)

the droid1 and incredible i tried were REALLY hot within minutes of using it. the droid x, not as much. it does get hot, but i have to be holding it/playing with it/browsing for a good 15+ min before that happens.

strollerqueen
08-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks. It does get REALLY hot, hotter than my Blackberry Storm. They did do the reset/restore. And it will wipe one name off. But within minutes, another will appear. So for now, it still says my phone belongs to one Kendall Kaiser. Hmm, maybe tomorrow I will call him/her. Who knew that the Droid 2 would lead me to making all these new friends across the country? :bouncy:

WatchingThemGrow
08-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Who is it that gets spirits out of things? an exorcist? That's who I think you should call.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
08-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Who is it that gets spirits out of things? an exorcist? That's who I think you should call.

What's that new movie coming out, The Last Exorcist? You should do a parody of it and put it on youtube. An phone exorcist. That is a very odd issue. Maybe these are all people desperate to find the perfect stroller and the phone gods are sending them to you! :p

Call CS like Bill said and keep complaining. I mean what if your family couldn't reach you, or Ms. Kaiser's couldn't reach her, etc. Annoying!