PDA

View Full Version : music recommendations?

ezcc
08-18-2010, 02:08 PM
I am creating a playlist for dd's 5th b-day- I consider myself pretty out of it when it comes to current music (particularly teen-type stuff) but I want to get a few new songs for her. I know nothing about Miley Cyrus Jonas bros. etc- can anyone recommend a song or two that is catchy and fun that I could add to her list- she is having 6 friends for a dance party- I have some good 80s-90s stuff but would like a few songs her friends will know. Bonus points if it is bearable to adults and lyrics aren't too gross.

Indianamom2
08-18-2010, 03:53 PM
The Jonas Brothers stuff is all clean and catchy...I'll admit, I kinda like it! We bought the Jonas L.A. cd recently and like it.

Miley is a bit edgy in her newest cd...I wouldn't use it/listen to it for DD, but that's just my personal feelings. I'm not the world's biggest Miley fan anyhow.

Jen841
08-18-2010, 06:22 PM
We did one for the cousins at the lake, ages 2-13. The hit songs were:
Hokey Pokey
Electric Slide
Cotton Eye Joe (?)
Chicken Dance
We are Family
YMCA
Eye of the Tiger
Ralph's World - Shake your Booty
Ziggy Marley - Ziggy Says
Funky Town

Filler songers were Ralph's World, Ziggy Marley, Justin Roberts, Laurie Berkner and They Might be Giants.

My song loves listening to the Kids Bop CD his teacher would play, I came into the class dancing after doing a standardized test, it was priceless!