PDA

View Full Version : Birthday party food for dinner

twowhat?
08-18-2010, 02:11 PM
We're planning our girls' 2nd bday party to start after their nap, so around 3pm. A couple of options:

1) We could say "3pm-5pm" on the invites. But my fear is that everyone will linger. 2 hours goes by so fast

2) We could say that party starts at 3pm and XYZ will be provided

I'm leaning towards providing food for dinner so parents don't have to rush out to get their kid home in time to eat (most of the kids will be around 2 years old) Any good ideas? We're not into grilling (grill hasn't been cleaned), so no hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.

Are there good frozen food options that we could get at Costco and just stick in the oven?

Or is just ordering pizza a better bet?

Sweetum
08-18-2010, 02:36 PM
I would do pizza. kids LOVE cheese pizza. So, you could get more pies, with different toppings for the adults. Just so they have more options, a few finger foods would be nice too.

Tondi G
08-18-2010, 03:40 PM
pizza, pasta salad, vegis n dip, fruit salad are our go to foods for birthday parties usually.

other ideas

lasagna (frozen stouffers party size is always well liked)

Mac n cheese

make a big pot of spaghetti sauce (you could add meatballs or not if you have vegetarian folks attending) and put it in the crock pot.... make noodles (leave some plain for those picky kids that like just butter)... green salad and garlic bread. I would probably still have a fruit salad as well ... it goes over well with most toddlers.

enchilladas (cheese are pretty easy to make) beans and rice. chips n salsa / guacamole

sste
08-18-2010, 03:47 PM
I have been pretty happy with all of the costco chicken nuggets. Kids def. like those - - I think esp. the mickey mouse shaped ones. I have also served the mini-quiches (but be careful not to burn the bottoms).