PDA

View Full Version : I've never seen a thread about...

WatchingThemGrow
08-18-2010, 05:54 PM
mama knees!

How are yours? Mine are just calloused from all the crawling around and being on the ground. I actually used the foot slougher thing on them once this summer.

If you have nice skin on your knees AND toddlers, how do you keep them that way?

cuca_
08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
mama knees!

Mine are just calloused from all the crawling around and being on the ground.

:yeahthat:

I have no advice, but will be watching this thread. Also, how do you keep your jeans from wearing at the knees. Most of my jeans are worn/white at the knees, and I hate it. But with 4 kids I spend a lot of time on the floor.

SammyeGail
08-18-2010, 08:09 PM
:yeahthat:

I have no advice, but will be watching this thread. Also, how do you keep your jeans from wearing at the knees. Most of my jeans are worn/white at the knees, and I hate it. But with 4 kids I spend a lot of time on the floor.

Maybe Lands End should make climber pants for Mama's, lol! Or us go to Lowes and get some knee pads ;).

I just put lotion on mine, I've never given my knees much thought, they've never given me any major issues skin wise. Maybe something with more vit E? A really moisturizing lotion I have found is The Body Shop's Body Butter.

Mine are really ugly anyway, I have protruding kneecaps. I used to creep people out when I could lay my leg out relaxed and move my knee cap all around, eek!

amm40
08-18-2010, 08:17 PM
I don't think I ever really kneel on the floor or only rarely. If I'm only going to be down a few seconds I squat, and move to sitting cross legged if it gets too long for that. ds just turned two, maybe I'll be required to be more achieve with him on the floor in the future?

TwinFoxes
08-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I don't think I ever really kneel on the floor or only rarely.

Same here. I sit on the floor rather than kneel. Kneeling hurts!

WatchingThemGrow
08-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Also, how do you keep your jeans from wearing at the knees. Most of my jeans are worn/white at the knees, and I hate it. But with 4 kids I spend a lot of time on the floor.
Oh, that's EASY!!! Keep changing sizes!

I think that I end up on my knees picking up toys, picking up food off the kitchen floor, wiping it down, etc. I know our rug in the LR is very cheap and harsh berber, not even nice berber. Maybe I could start there...

Thanks for mentioning that body butter, Samantha. I have that left over from pg, lol. No kidding about the climber pants. I actually want these (http://www.landsend.com/pp/TrekkerPants~211808_5.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::CLN&CM_MERCH=IDX_00003__0000000328&origin=index) for myself, except for the ugly factor.

longtallsally05
08-18-2010, 09:26 PM
LOL, callouses & discoloration here too. We have berber carpet (yuck! ouch!), so kneeling & wearing shorts is just plain rough. I have to remind myself not to crawl around on my knees while wearing my good dark jeans, because it fades the knees! I do PT exercises with my kids @ home, so I'm on the floor quite a bit. The only thing that makes an appreciable difference is the 10% AHA Lotion by Paula's Choice, when I remember to apply it!

MamaSnoo
08-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Heavy duty lotions have helped me some, but the best thing has been using an exfoilating glove in the shower. I started it to exfoliate before hair removal to prevent ingrown hairs, but it has been great for my knees!

kijip
08-19-2010, 12:02 AM
My knees are about the same. I tend to sent v-legged on the floor/ground rather than be on my knees. By same I mean tomboy scarred pocked mess that they have always been. :ROTFLMAO:

SpaceGal
08-19-2010, 12:26 AM
My knees are way horrible this year...not that they are great other time but this year...dry and ashy and gross. I started using a foot scrub on them and loofah...still dry but not as bad.

salsah
08-19-2010, 12:43 AM
i was just thinking about this recently too. i don't spend as much time on my knees as i used to when they were younger, but it still happens.

i need to exfoliate and moisturize like crazy.