PDA

View Full Version : Final Backpack "?" - 1st grader

Mamma2004
08-18-2010, 08:33 PM
DS has been using an LLBean Jr. Original Backpack for two years. The zippers failed long ago but he never complained. I finally emailed LLBean and although the pack was a gift (so I have no proof of purchase), their policy is 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Period.

Now I have 10 days to get a new backpack for DS and I am not wowed by my LLBean choices. The Lands End packs look good, as do others online.

DS is 6 and I would love to find the perfect backkpack for the next few years. I'd love some input...

Thank you!

kbud
08-18-2010, 09:06 PM
We got my dd backpack from Children's Place last year for kindy. We got the mini sized one as opposed to the full size versions. It's the perfect size for her but still fits everything. It looks brand new this year. It has worn great. She really wanted a new one this year but hers is perfect even after a full year's use by a kindergartener. We also use it to travel with and took it on 6 flights this summer. I highly recommend them.

MelissaTC
08-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Sorry the LL Bean backpack didn't work for y'all. M had an original jr for preschool and it is in perfect shape. He has been using an original since first grade. I threw it in the laundry and it cleaned up beautifully so we are using that again this year for third.

ellies mom
08-18-2010, 09:11 PM
We bought DD1 the Lands End Classmates Small Haul. I like it because it is big enough to carry a binder and what not but not so big that it over powers her. It appears well made and she is pretty excited about it.

Mamma2004
08-18-2010, 09:55 PM
We bought DD1 the Lands End Classmates Small Haul. I like it because it is big enough to carry a binder and what not but not so big that it over powers her. It appears well made and she is pretty excited about it.

I beleive the LE backpacks are 40% off. Are they available in stores? I would love to see one IRL before ordering, in part for the colors. Hmmm.

Thanks, everyone! I'll keep reading your replies and will go over the options with DS tomorrow.