PDA

View Full Version : White bump on tooth

buddyleebaby
08-18-2010, 09:13 PM
I noticed while brushing DS's teeth that he has a small white raised bump on the front of one of his back teeth. It is near the gum line but definitely on the actual tooth. It does not appear to hurt him and feels the same as the rest of the tooth. It does not look like I imagine a cavity would.

Any experience with something like this?

buddyleebaby
08-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Anyone? Google searches found nothing.

Tondi G
08-19-2010, 03:25 PM
My little guy has an extra point on one of his back teeth.... it doesn't seem to bother him and when I showed the ped a couple of years ago she said to just leave it alone. I call it his snaggle tooth ... just glad it's on a tooth farther back so you wouldn't see it unless it's pointed out!

icunurse
08-19-2010, 03:31 PM
I can't remember the name for it, but I have an extra tiny pointy part on the inner part of each of my top back teeth (last before the wisdom teeth). Dentist noticed it when I was a child, said it was basically just an uncommon, but perfectly OK tooth shape. Never had any problems.

erosenst
08-19-2010, 08:29 PM
DD had this on her front bottom teeth. (Both baby teeth and permanent.) It's some extra calcification that the hygenist can (and will...) chip off with the same tool used to get tartar/plaque off.

buddyleebaby
08-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks everyone. I won't worry about it (anymore).