PDA

View Full Version : Registry/getting ready for baby list--feedback?

luckytwenty
08-19-2010, 09:11 AM
I am having an office shower (3 way, if you can believe it--I'm one of three women due within a 2 week period in our dept!!) and a "sprinkle" among a small group of friends. With the friends, we usually chip in one one big item or get a BRU g/c, and with work, it seems like people just go to Carter's Outlet most of the time. So I am not sure if I should just be buying a lot of stuff myself or wait & see.

This is what I already have (since it's a third kid!) or have purchased:

baby monitor
crib, rocker, nursery furniture
bedding
hooded towels, bibs, blankets, burp cloths, etc.
we're pretty much set w/ baby boy clothes up to 18 months
2 infant seats
Snap n Go
Chicco Cortina stroller
Britax Marathon for my car, Britax Roundabout for husband
Boppy & 2 slipcovers
changing pad & covers
high chair
booster chair (dining)
Exersaucer
Just got the FP Papasan swing
FP soothing glider thing
Baby Bjorn
Udder Covers
Medela PIS
FP crib toy

OK, and this is what I've registered for:

BOB Ironman (I can hope, right??)
Bumbo
FP Rainforest bouncy (which at BRU is 2x the price of the one at Walmart so I'm tempted to buy it myself)
2 Miracle Blankets in boyish colors (had pink ones)
Sound machine
A Sabrina basket diaper caddy at PBK
A cute little lamb blanket at PBK

That's it!

Am I pretty much set? Should I buy the bouncy myself? Decisions, decisions!

swissair81
08-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Was your older son born in a similar season? I have 2 girls & a boy & I will still have to buy baby clothes because all 3 of them were born in cold weather.

Also isn't the Ironman a running stroller? You do know that it isn't recommended to jog or run with a baby under 12 months, right? Something about their neck muscles not being developed enough.

As for the bouncer, maybe ask for a newborn to toddler rocker or one of these: http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product&pid=51903&ncat=thumbnail&pcat=bgb You could always get the other bouncer later if you want it.

luckytwenty
08-19-2010, 03:01 PM
I thought it was 8 months--even if it's 12, I don't think anyone will be buying ME presents when he turns 1 so I figured I'd register for it now. :-P

Thanks for the idea about the rocker--I never saw that before. Very neat!

My oldest was April and this baby is a Halloween baby, but because we live in S. Florida, I think we'll mainly be dealing with onesies and lightweight clothes while he's an infant, anyway.

Thanks for chiming in!

Tanya
08-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Well, I already have 2 girls and am expecting twins (girl and a boy), so my needs might be different.

I need 2 new infant carseats because well, I am having twins and because my first one expired (my oldest child is now 7). I will eventually need convertible seats because I don't pass mine down. My oldest stayed in her Marathon until it expired and my younger daughter will too. My kids are spaced far enough apart that way though.

I am getting rid of my old manual breastpump and bottles due to BPA, so I need some new bottles and pacifiers and I already got a deal on a new manual breastpump that is BPA free.

I already bought a double snap-n-go stroller.

I need boy clothes. My two girls were off seasons, so I have a variety there, but I can't really plan too far ahead anyway since I don't know what size these twins will be when they are born.

I will need an extra feeding seat (I have one). I don't have a highchair, I just use the seats that strap onto a regular chair.

I have a swing and a bouncer and an exercauser and a exercise mat, but I don't know if I need seconds on anything. If I don't borrow something, I'll just wait and see since I don't want to take up space with things I may not need.

I'm going to try a different carrier than the Bjorn this time and also a wrap. I NEED to be able to grocery shop and I don't want to do two grocery carts, etc.

Hope that helps. I don't have my list in front of me.

AnnieW625
08-20-2010, 11:27 AM
That's a great list. We barely used our Sabrina basket with DD1, but we've used it a lot with DD2. I really like it.

I would also look at the Bob Revolution, we have the duallie and it's the smoothest stroller ever. I almost wish I had gotten the single 4 yrs. ago, but am still equally happy with my regular fixed wheel (Dreamer Design) jogger.

Also I splurged on the Nap Nanny for DD2 who has reflux. The thing is amazing. I love that's it's way easier to move than the swing when I need to put DD2 down usually when I am cooking. You might find a good deal on Ebay now too; a couple of weeks ago there was price gouging galore, but they've come down a bit now.

I love my Beco Carrier. I didn't hate my Bjorn, but I just found it hard to adjust. The Beco is lifesaver for me right now for the grocery store as I have a 4 yr. old who likes to look at everything in the store so she is still strapped in the top seat or in the basket of the cart. The carrier is also a life saver at Target because their new carts are all plastic and there is no way an infant carrier can go on the top (yay to Target for safety:)) and it takes up more space in the actual basket than it used to.

luckytwenty
08-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Annie, can you actually run with the Bob Revolution? I'm looking for something I can run with--bonus points of course if it's also a good lifestyle stroller. I know I can run when he's an infant, but when he's older I thought it would be an easy way to get in a workout without waking up DH and the older kids.

I also will look into the Beco. I somehow managed to own 3 Bjorns (2 were recently given to me, thrown in bags of maternity clothes--and I had one from my daughter) but remember using them until only about 6 months and then kind of making do with the shopping cart with the seat attached until the baby could sit up really well. So I probably could use something better.

sunnyside
08-21-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty sure the Revolution is for running.

I have a newborn and I got the First Years Indigo so I could have her face me while she is little. You really aren't supposed to use the jogger for a year (for jogging anyway), so I figured I'd do this and wait on the Bob until next summer. I'm pretty glad I did that because the Indigo is perfect. I can lay her flat and face me and that way I don't have to ever leave her in the car seat. If you prefer a snap and go type thign, you can snap the carseat onto the Indigo, I just prefer to keep her out of the car seat as much as I can.

swissair81
08-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't even bother with strollers with newborns. I always end up pushing the empty stroller while toting the baby. So not worth it.

ourbabygirl
08-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Wow, swissair, congrats on your new baby girl! HOW EXCITING! :cheerleader1:

So happy for you!

lchang25000
08-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Wow, swissair, congrats on your new baby girl! HOW EXCITING! :cheerleader1:

So happy for you!

:yeahthat: Congrats!!

swissair81
08-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks!

luckytwenty
08-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!! And I feel very honored that you took time to post a reply to me when you had a 0-day old baby in your arms. Hope it's all going well. :-)

Roni
08-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Wow, congratulations! That's awesome. I know that you were ready to go early. You did it! You had the baby on my anniversary. (I personally was happy to get through dinner at the Outback last night. I was having contractions, but I made it through.)

sunnyside
08-22-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't even bother with strollers with newborns. I always end up pushing the empty stroller while toting the baby. So not worth it.

LOL, I totally know what you mean. Everytime I have taken the stroller out I have carried Chloe the whole time, but it's been nice to have the stroller to put our bag in. Plus a couple of the times were all day events with no place to really put her or our stuff and I couldn't have held it all day.

sunnyside
08-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Oh Congrats SwissAir!!! Yay for new baby!!!!:yay: