PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used an online babysitting service to find your sitter

mom2one
08-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Someone told me about babysitter.com. We are new to the area that we are in, and I really need a sitter. I see it cost $9.99 a month. Has anyone used a service like this before and had any luck?

lmwbasye
08-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Just this past month. We used sittercity.com. Found a few people. Have only met one so far and she's sat for us twice and WE LOVE HER!!!

luckytwenty
08-19-2010, 06:47 PM
We found our after school nanny using eNannySource.com. FWIW, we did an extensive background check before we hired her, though.

TwinFoxes
08-19-2010, 07:52 PM
I used care.com upon recommendation of people here. I really liked it.

scmama
08-19-2010, 08:02 PM
I also used care.com and found two great babysitters this summer to help me around the house!

hellokitty
08-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Do you have a nursing college in your area? That might be a good way to find a babysitter. Our local nursing college has a babysitter board for students who are willing to be babysitters and I've had several friends get really good babysitters this way.

AbbysMom
08-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I've used both sittercity and care.com. I like care.com better. With both, in my experience, I had MANY people apply in one month so you will only need to pay the money once and it's money well spent to find a good babysitter.

tylersmama
08-19-2010, 10:35 PM
I've used sittercity.com and had pretty good luck. I found two amazing babysitters (one has been with us for over two years now, and she's fabulous, she also dog/housesits when we go out of town) and I just hired a nanny through there. I will say that you do have to sort through the applications, but that's probably standard with most services. I get a lot of people who clearly didn't read the job posting...I'm looking for a babysitter in my home, and they offer me their in-home daycare. Thanks, but no thanks. :rolleyes: That said, I like that the site will do the background check for you (for a price, but very reasonable...$10, I think).