PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Dells?

DietCokeLover
08-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Anyone been here? We've just returned from a trip to Great Wolf Lodge and my DC LOVED it. it's making us think toward our next trip (have no idea when this will be) and that they would potentially love the Dells with all the waterparks.

If you've been there, do you prefer a summer or winter trip? Where did you stay? And, anything else you want to share would be great. Thanks!

hellokitty
08-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Anyone been here? We've just returned from a trip to Great Wolf Lodge and my DC LOVED it. it's making us think toward our next trip (have no idea when this will be) and that they would potentially love the Dells with all the waterparks.

If you've been there, do you prefer a summer or winter trip? Where did you stay? And, anything else you want to share would be great. Thanks!

We went to kalahari there in the winter for one of DH's conferences for work and other than indoor waterparks, there is NOTHING to do. So, if you want to make a vacation out of the area, I'd do it in the summer. Also, we disovered afterwards how run down the kalahari there was compared to the newer one that is only an hr away from us here in OH. Which GWL did you go to? We felt that Wis Dells had a real touristy/cheesy feel to it. The only reason I may consider going back there again is if my kids were all teenagers and really into waterparks. Otherwise, there just didn't seem to be much to do, and it was an hr away from the airport too.

DietCokeLover
08-19-2010, 06:57 PM
We went to kalahari there in the winter for one of DH's conferences for work and other than indoor waterparks, there is NOTHING to do. So, if you want to make a vacation out of the area, I'd do it in the summer. Also, we disovered afterwards how run down the kalahari there was compared to the newer one that is only an hr away from us here in OH. Which GWL did you go to? We felt that Wis Dells had a real touristy/cheesy feel to it. The only reason I may consider going back there again is if my kids were all teenagers and really into waterparks. Otherwise, there just didn't seem to be much to do, and it was an hr away from the airport too.

We went to GWL in Kansas City.

MommyAllison
08-19-2010, 10:52 PM
I've gone to Noah's Ark Waterpark there a couple times - once before I was married, once after with DH & DD. We have lots of family in WI, so the Dells was just a day trip for the waterpark both times. We loved it, though it was much more fun to go without kids, so that I could go on all the fun slides. :) DD was just a baby when we took her (7 months), so she hung out at the little pools, and my parents were also there so they watched her for awhile so DH & I could go on slides. We went in the summer both times. If you go to Noah's Ark, get on their email list now. They send out discounted ticket info from time to time. HTH