PDA

View Full Version : ISO deals on Leapfrog Tag books

mygrassisblue
08-19-2010, 08:47 PM
I got an amazing deal on a Tag reader for DS. The reader, plus 5 books for $5 at a yard sale. :yay:

I found $4 coupons on coupons.com. Are there any good deals out there to combine the coupons with?

FooMama
08-20-2010, 02:53 AM
I got an amazing deal on a Tag reader for DS. The reader, plus 5 books for $5 at a yard sale. :yay:

I found $4 coupons on coupons.com. Are there any good deals out there to combine the coupons with?

Last week I found a Disney Princess Tag book for $9 and the two vowel sets for about $13.xx at Wal-Mart. I thought that was a good deal, especially for the sets.

Jo..
08-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Anyone who wants these $5 books better act fast, because this was posted on Slick Deals, and those people will clean them out in record time.

Leapfrog Tag Books $4.99 at Leapfrog.com
leapfrog.com

Use promo code 499TAG at checkout.

Free shipping on orders over $40.

(Offer not valid on Tag™ book packs, gift packs, Tag™ Book Spiderman: A Lizard's Tale, Tag™ Book I-Spy, Tag™ Book Miss Spider's Tea Party, Tag™ Book Bakugan - Finding Drago, Tag™ Book Fly High Fly Guy!, Tag™ Book Giraffes Can't Dance, Tag™ Learn to Read Series Set 1 and Set 2: Short Vowels and Long Vowels, Silent E and Y, or Tag™ National Geographic Activity Cards. Offer not valid on Tag™ book packs, gift packs, Tag™ Book Spiderman: A Lizard's Tale, Tag™ Book I-Spy, Tag™ Book Miss Spider's Tea Party, Tag™ Book Bakugan - Finding Drago, Tag™ Book Fly High Fly Guy!, Tag™ Book Giraffes Can't Dance, Tag™ Learn to Read Series Set 1 and Set 2: Short Vowels and Long Vowels, Silent E and Y, or Tag™ National Geographic Activity Cards).

Just be aware that depending on the Tag version, you may only be able to "store" 5-10 books in itsmemory at once. This has been an issue with us, since we have a couple more books than will fit in memory. The kids try to read it, and want THAT book RIGHT now, nevermind the other 10 books that actually work. They always find the 1-2 that aren't currently working. I would recommend buying only as many books as will fit on to the pen, or group them in bundles, say, and upload a few at a time and hide a few. Then rotate after a couple of weeks
Offer ends 8/22/2010

conniez
08-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Great deal if you spend over $40 & get free shipping! I don't know if I want to purchase 9 books at once, so I'm going to use the $4 manufacturer's coupon + the $4 Toys R Us coupon that's valid until 8/29 I think? That brings each book down to $5.99 + tax. I have some TRU gift cards left so not too bad

scrooks
08-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Great deal if you spend over $40 & get free shipping! I don't know if I want to purchase 9 books at once, so I'm going to use the $4 manufacturer's coupon + the $4 Toys R Us coupon that's valid until 8/29 I think? That brings each book down to $5.99 + tax. I have some TRU gift cards left so not too bad

Is there a TRU coupon specific to Tag books? If so, where do I find one?

conniez
08-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Is there a TRU coupon specific to Tag books? If so, where do I find one?

You can find the coupon for $4 off Leapfrog Tag books (valid until 8/29) on the Weekly Ad page for TRU found here:
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&

** If it doesn't come up for you using your zip code, PM me & I'll give you my zip code to use. It should work though. HTH!

mygrassisblue
08-20-2010, 09:16 PM
You can find the coupon for $4 off Leapfrog Tag books (valid until 8/29) on the Weekly Ad page for TRU found here:

** If it doesn't come up for you using your zip code, PM me & I'll give you my zip code to use. It should work though. HTH!

This is perfect! Thank you!!

Also, thanks to the PP who mentioned the Tag storing only so many books. I was not aware of that and will look into it.

scrooks
08-20-2010, 09:33 PM
you can find the coupon for $4 off leapfrog tag books (valid until 8/29) on the weekly ad page for tru found here:

** if it doesn't come up for you using your zip code, pm me & i'll give you my zip code to use. It should work though. Hth!

thank you!

ang79
08-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Anyone who wants these $5 books better act fast, because this was posted on Slick Deals, and those people will clean them out in record time.

Leapfrog Tag Books $4.99 at Leapfrog.com
leapfrog.com

Use promo code 499TAG at checkout.

Free shipping on orders over $40.

Thanks Jo! MIL had bought DD1 2 books at full price at Target. Called her up and she said she'd return them and to buy her some on this sale. Got 6 books and 2 of the toddler clearance toys for MIL to give the girls for B-days/Christmas! If I hadn't already stocked up on stuff for them myself at the Target/KMart sales, I may have bought more!

Quick Q for those with these systems. DD1 (will be 4 in a few weeks) was just given one from my step-sister whose daughter had outgrown it. She loves it (reads the Ariel book and plays the games almost daily). My 21 mos. old enjoys listening to the books too. Do you think if I got her a pen she could use it with our help? I don't want to get the Jr. pen because you can't load the regular books on it. I do have some of the Jr. books I bought on clearance at Target that can load onto the regular reader, so just thought the regular pen would get more longevity.

azmaple
08-21-2010, 05:14 AM
thanks ladies! i picked up a bunch on the leapfrog site. some for my kids that i hadn't been finding in the stores (the puzzle ones) and some for a friends 3 year old who is going to be a big sister any day now.

i haven't seen the map in a store either so i'll be keeping an eye out for that going on sale one of these days. $20 is doable but not so much with the other $40 i just bought of Tag books!

WatchingThemGrow
08-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Do you think if I got her a pen she could use it with our help?
I don't think this is the best use of your "mommy time" iykwim. If you're going to be with her, reading TO her is the best use. DD only uses the Tag reader when there are no adults who can actually read to her in person. A friend only uses hers on car trips. I'd save the $$ and put it toward a Leapster Explorer for your older one in the future and pass the Tag reader down to the little one in a year or so. Our 2.75yo DS1 hasn't inherited the Tag yet. He's a touch too young IMO.