PDA

View Full Version : Plus Sized Mommas, where do you shop?

BabyBearsMom
08-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi Mommas,

I am a plus sized momma (size 18 pre-pregnancy, size 20 post...even though I only weigh 3 lbs more, but we won't go there). Currently, I shop at Lane Bryant and Macy's. I occasionally go to Avenue, but don't love it. I think I'm too young for Catherines. Currently, I'm not really loving the collection at Lane Bryant (I am so not a jeggings girl) and want to find somewhere else to shop for some fall clothes. I'm in my late 20s and my workplace is professional. Any recommendations!

TIA!

Roleysmom
08-21-2010, 10:24 PM
I love Nordstrom. That is where I get all of my clothes. I also have some casual things (nice t shirts I can wear to work under something; nice pull over sweater I can wear since we are business casual) from Banana Republic. I think they go up to 16 or XL, but I find the sizing generous. I've only tried tops though. I think the pants would be a disaster for my pear shape.

I'm an old lady, so Nordstrom suits me fine, but it might be too matronly for you. Good luck! It burns me up how hard it is to find nice stylish cloths in bigger sizes.

shellyagal
08-23-2010, 01:34 PM
I am expecting and recently I did Shopping through cash back websites which is a great option for saving money when shopping online. Being a thrifty online buyer, I always use cash back websites like ShopAtHome, AAfter Search and Ebates, and MrRebates.

BabyBearsMom
08-23-2010, 03:18 PM
I agree! It is so hard to shop when you don't want to wear a moomoo or somethign with a hood.

frgsnlzrds
08-23-2010, 07:08 PM
I shop at Fashion Bug, but I'm a SAHM and don't need dressy clothes.

mariza
08-23-2010, 07:47 PM
lately I have been shopping Coldwatercreek.com Outlet and have been very happy. They have great sales and great coupons, but it can be hit or miss with the styles and their stock changes a lot. I've also found some great pieces at Kohls and Marshalls (I'm 18-20 or 1x) and have had good luck at there. I hear you regarding Lane Bryant, I used to really like thier things, but that was when they were owned by the Limited Co., they have been sold and I am not liking their new "style direction" at all!

wellyes
08-23-2010, 09:15 PM
A few links:

http://www.askmoxie.org/2010/08/qyoura-finding-professional-clothes-for-larger-mom-going-back-into-workforce.html

http://www.bfdblog.com/2010/02/26/smashing-plus-size-fashion-shopping-roundup/

zag95
08-24-2010, 08:37 AM
I shop at Nordstrom's and for more casual shirts, I hit Land's End for plus size things. In the past when I was a bit thinner than present, I found some items at Eddie Bauer as well. I have a few rare occasions of finding things at Macy's and Lane Bryant (I agree that Lane Bryant is not what it once was)- but it's primarily Nordys- they just seem to have more clothes that a. Look good on me and b. are somewhat fashionable.

I have been on the hunt to find a dress for my brother's wedding- I have stumbled across
www.igigi.com (http://www.igigi.com)- which has some gorgeous looking dresses
www.kiyonna.com (http://www.kiyonna.com)- ditto above

My problem is I am almost 6 ft tall, plus sized and short waisted. I want to find a dress that is hitting mid calf, because I don't like short things..... ahh the saga goes on!

Happy shopping ladies!

michellerw
09-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I am currently coveting a couple of items at igigi.com for work. The price point is a little higher, but the quality is reportedly very, very good.

I have also ordered from Kiyonna.com in the past. I am not as impressed with the quality, so I would suggest buying on sale from there.

MissPhit.com has some cute stuff as well, but once again, the price point is a bit high.

My big complaint about all of the manufacturers from LB to Avenue to Kiyonna is that the materials used just stink. I really need to drop my nursing pounds to get back into my BR and J Crew stuff, because I hate wearing so much polyester and nylong.