PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain ZhuZhu pets to me?

BigDog
08-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Almost 3yr old DS keeps seeing the commercial for ZhuZhu pets on TV and constantly says "Mommy, you buy that for me? I want that!". His bday is coming up in a few weeks and I'm wondering if this is something that I should get him as a bday present? Is it suitable for a 3yr old to play with? Is it just a wind-up furry gerbil? Someone enlighten me!

bubbaray
08-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Is it just a wind-up furry gerbil?

:yeahthat:

DD#1 got one for her 6th b-day. She d/n play with it, but DD#2 (3) does.

katydid1971
08-20-2010, 02:32 PM
DS got two for his birthday in May. I hate them they just zoom under furniture and make weird noises. DS never plays with them. I think they are a dumb toy with a very good marketing dept and that's it.

hellokitty
08-20-2010, 02:44 PM
They are REALLY dumb. They do not really, "do" anything. You push a button and they will make some noises and will move around. Problem is that they tip over a lot, but do not know it, so just keep running the wheels and, "talking." Also, they break easily. My boys barely played with their (really the accessories is what really cost the most, we didn't get any of them), and then kind of wanted to play with them more recently, but I think one is already broken and I am talking like VERY light usage. My DH bought them on a whim, b/c he happened to be at TRU during christmas shopping when they JUST got in a supply of zhu zhu pets, so got two just to see what the fuss was about. From my some of my friends with girls have said (they dumped a LOT of $ into all of the accessories too), it's common for these things to break pretty easily, so I don't feel like our experience is odd.

BigDog
08-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the good feedback! Definitely sounds like a toy that we don't need around here!

stillplayswithbarbies
08-22-2010, 01:16 PM
you also have to be careful with the wheels around your hair. If they hold it next to their head, it will wind up the hair around the wheel.