PDA

View Full Version : See the doctor after mis-carriage

Myira
08-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Some of you might remember my post 2 days ago. I mis-carried at 5w 2 days. My ob's office has been monitoring my hcg levels to ensure they go back to 0.

Would you go and see your ob at this point? Or it is not really required and I can go ahead and ttc when I want to after waiting a cycle maybe? WWYD?

BabyBearsMom
08-20-2010, 12:40 PM
If it were me, I would see the doctor. They need to monitor that everything gets out. I ended up having to have a D&C when I miscarried because not everything came out on its own. They will also give you a recommendation on when you can start TTC again (my doctor told me to wait 3 months).

And also, I'm so sorry for your loss. When we miscarried, I was devestated and I thought I would never get over it. Now, I am coming up on the 2 year anniversary of our loss, and I have a beautiful healthy 4 month old. Good luck to you and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

truly scrumptious
08-20-2010, 12:48 PM
So very sorry for your loss. :hug:

I would see the doctor.

wellyes
08-20-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm so sorry. Yes, go in. At least call and see if they want you to go in.

I m/c last June, they suggested I wait 2-3 cycles. I got pregnant in September. My 7 week old son is right here with me now.

roobee
08-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Now I would. I used to brush off that kind of stuff, because I figure miscarriages happen pretty often and there's nothing a Dr. can do about it. And I have crappy insurance.

A few years ago I had a miscarriage that was discovered via ultrasound - I was given a script for drugs to hopefully avoid a D&C and my HCG levels were checked. My HCG numbers kept going UP- which meant I had a molar pregnancy. That totally sucked - I had to have a D&C and then have my HCG levels checked weekly for a couple months. That kind of stuff is rare, but the complications can be pretty serious.

It's totally worth having your numbers checked.

smilequeen
08-20-2010, 12:56 PM
I think monitoring your HCG level until it's 0 is appropriate at this point. I don't think you need to specifically see your OB unless you have questions for him/her. I had 2 miscarriages (D&Cs) and was told to wait 1 cycle by one doctor and not to wait at all if I didn't want to by another. The research seems to indicate that trying sooner is better from a fertility standpoint. The one cycle helps with dating a pregnancy though. It took me about 4 months to get pregnant again after both miscarriages.

I am really sorry for your loss :(

peanut520
08-20-2010, 01:03 PM
i'm so sorry for your loss. i miscarried before dd at 5weeks also and they just monitored my hcg levels. i was told that we would ttc after 1 cycle. we waited because we werent ready mentally. :hug:

Dream
08-20-2010, 01:28 PM
No advice here but I'm so sorry for your loss.:hug:

mommyp
08-20-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. I'd also go in to make sure. I miscarried before having DD, they suggested wait 2-3 cycles to see they go back to normal. I got pregnant with DD 5 months after.

kdeunc
08-20-2010, 02:34 PM
I am sorry for your loss. After my mc with a D&C I was told to wait one cycle. I got pregnant with DD immediately after that cycle. I know several people who not emotionally ready after the first cycle. Best of luck to you.

klwa
08-20-2010, 02:37 PM
I mc at about 5 weeks. Dr's office didn't even really monitor me, since they could see that levels were dropping back down. I was told that we could go ahead & try the next cycle. DS was conceived 2 cycles later.

Beckylove
08-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I am sorry. Lots of us have been there and feel for you.

HCG levels checked- definite yes
Seperate OB appt- no.

If this is your first or second mc, there is nothing they can tell you. The thing you want to know most of all-- why did this happen?-- they don't know.

Wait until your levels are down to 0, then wait a cycle, then try again if you feel ready.

Indianamom2
08-20-2010, 04:06 PM
I would definitely get a quick check from the OB to make sure everything is okay. At this early stage, it shouldn't be an issue, but better safe than sorry. (FWIW, I've BTDT at about the same point in time and I'm so sorry for your loss.)

With regard to waiting to try again, most docs say to wait 3 cycles, but since your loss was very early, it's not probably necessary. We waited a full cycle and maybe two, but definitely not three. If you had had a later m/c, maybe.

Best wishes...I know this is hard. :hug:

MamaKath
08-20-2010, 05:21 PM
:hug: I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I have been wondering how things were going. I guess I am not sure from your post if you have been in to see the doctor already. I would definitely go in at least once. Sometimes everything goes smoothly without intervention, other times you need a d&c. I have had miscarriages that have gone both ways. Definitely be gentle to yourself though as you recuperate. You'll be in my thoughts!