PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to say something?...LONG

HIU8
08-20-2010, 01:41 PM
I think there might be an issue with a teacher at DD's preschool. DD is going into the 3s class this year. I am friendly with one of her teachers from last yr. She told me in confidence that DD will be with her and a who the lead teacher is and told me not to say a word (I did not). I am very excited about this teacher for DD. He is wonderful and the co-teacher who I am friendly with just loves DD to pieces.

Here is the issue. They had a problem with placements and all the 3s teachers got together to redo the placements (DD is still with the amazing teacher). Another 3s teacher was upset that my DD was not placed with her. This teacher had DN last year. DN, around March was asked to leave the school (and/or sister and BIL pulled her out--depends who you want to believe). DN was a disciplinary problem and also has issues with not responding to adults and generally needs help that her parents are not willing to get for her. There was a huge fight between school and my sister and BIL. FWIW, sister and BIL are complete idiots in general and don't really get how to function with society (an entire other post). DD's teacher knows that I did not want DD to have DN's teacher. I wanted her to have a fresh start in the 3s (not be a constant reminder to the teacher of last yrs issues with DN--everyone in the school knows DD and DN are related). One of DD's teachers attempted to explain and told this teacher that I don't like her. The other teacher intervened and tried to smooth it out and say the real reason.

I am not crazy about this 3s teacher in the first place, but b/c of DN and what happened last year--that is my main reason for not wanting DD in her class.

So, do I need to say something to this teacher or do I just leave well enough alone (my teacher friend did fix it--this other teacher said she understood my reasoning and can see why I would have wanted that)? I don't want to make things worse, but I don't want to make things bad for DD who has 2 yrs left in this preschool either.

TwinFoxes
08-20-2010, 01:53 PM
I would leave well enough alone, and always be cordial and friendly to her if you interact. I think saying something will reflect badly on your friend. The other teacher won't appreciate the fact that your friend gossiped about her to you (I don't think it was gossiping, but I bet the other teacher would). JMHO! Glad your DD got the awesome teacher!

TwoBees
08-20-2010, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't say anything and just pretend you didn't know this whole thing transpired.

truly scrumptious
08-20-2010, 01:59 PM
I would leave well enough alone. Your DN's former teaching will not be your DD's teacher, so you won't need to see her on a daily basis, so I don't think you need to say anything. If you ever run into her, just be polite with her, so you don't feed the idea about your not liking her.

ETA - Just notices that Twinfoxes used the exact same wording! Great minds! ;)

KpbS
08-20-2010, 02:02 PM
I would leave well enough alone, and always be cordial and friendly to her if you interact.

This is exactly what I would do. Be plenty friendly when you see her and I bet it will not ever matter. People forget and move on.

MomToOne
08-20-2010, 02:04 PM
I agree I wouldn't say anything for the same reasons stated above.

BabyMine
08-20-2010, 02:10 PM
I'll be the minority on this. I would say something to clarify and let this teacher know there is no ill feelings. You never know what was truly said word for word.

HIU8
08-20-2010, 02:12 PM
This is how I was leaning. I'm glad I ran it by you guys. Thanks.