PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever get a weird amazon delivery...

scrooks
08-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Maybe I am just being paranoid but I just got the box of diapers I ordered from Amazon and it was delivered by a guy in an old white van that said "prestige delivery". I have never had any packages delivered from anyone other than Fed Ex, UPS or my mail man. And usually I don't have to sign for Amazon deliveries. This guy came to the door and said he had a package but wanted to make sure we were home (?- usually stuff is just left on the front step)...I watched him at the rear of his van for awhile and he returned with my diapers. I got them quickly and was thanking him and shutting the door and that's when he said I had to sign for them. The whole time there was another guy in the front seat wearing sunglassed just watching us. It was creepy...am I paranoid? Has anyone else experience a delivery like this?

egoldber
08-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Sometimes UPS and /or Fed Ex will subcontract out to a smaller delivery service if they are too busy. If it is something you actually did order, I wouldn't worry.

TwinFoxes
08-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I have Prime, and I've had packages delivered by couriers before. Literally guys driving Hondas with no markings whatsoever. The first time I thought "what the heck?" but now it doesn't phase me. I think Amazon is just trying to deliver items within the delivery window by any means necessary!

BabyMine
08-20-2010, 02:12 PM
:yeahthat: I have had that happen before.

scrooks
08-20-2010, 02:12 PM
That's reassuring. It was something I ordered and I think sometimes I am WAY too cautious. I was just imagining my self being on and episode of Oprah and her asking me why in the world I opened the door for this strange man... yes...I know...ridiculous!

ThreeofUs
08-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Yeah. They're trying to compete and subcontracting to very odd folk.

amm40
08-20-2010, 02:22 PM
I had it happen twice, the first time I didn't relize it wasn't ups but thought it odd that they left the package outside our condo bldg entrance. Ups has left it in the past, but always inside the entryway. The second time I was home, and this delivery person asked if it was ok to leave it if I don't answer next time. I told him to ring a neighbor and leave it indoors, or preferably redeliver to me the next day. He said they don't get paid for unsuccessful delivery attempts and acted like it was once or never! Ugh.

YouAreTheFocus
08-20-2010, 02:37 PM
I've had this happen too. The packages w/ the weird / unmarked delivery people seem to always be sent through OnTrac. I had never heard of OnTrac before Amazon Prime.

hellokitty
08-20-2010, 02:39 PM
I've had that happen before, esp around the holidays. UPS/Fed Ex get so bogged, they will rent moving trucks and deliver with those! So like a Ryder truck will pull up with a delivery for me, lol.

BabyH
08-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Once, but it was a gigantic tv. The courier contacted me to set up the delivery appt, but it was just his big ol' truck that brought the tv.

alexsmommy
08-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Adding to the chorus...yes. A couple of times with smaller things - and they showed up less than 24 hours after I placed the order. We just got a large flat screen and a courier service brought it in for "white glove" service. Thank you prime...
During the holidays it's a common occurence.

citymama
08-20-2010, 05:16 PM
My Prime deliveries (including dipes) are all thru a courier service. I guess it's a local courier; never heard of them. Exactly the same thing: guy with an unmarked delivery van. If you check your confirmation email or account history online, your tracking number or confirmation will tell you the delivery will be thru such and such courier service.

ETA: Oh right, it's On Trac.

AnnieW625
08-20-2010, 05:54 PM
It could be On Trac. I see their white vans in my area too; not so great driver.

momtoonegirl
08-20-2010, 06:03 PM
I've had this happen too. The packages w/ the weird / unmarked delivery people seem to always be sent through OnTrac. I had never heard of OnTrac before Amazon Prime.
:yeahthat:
All of my Amazon deliveries and Diapers.com deliveries lately have been through OnTrac delivered in an unmarked white van. The OnTrac deliveries usually arrive within a day of when I ordered them.

lchang25000
08-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Yep...I've had HA and other packages delivered to me by someone driving a white van with no markings on it.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
08-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Sometimes UPS and /or Fed Ex will subcontract out to a smaller delivery service if they are too busy. If it is something you actually did order, I wouldn't worry.

Beth24
08-22-2010, 12:28 PM
All of my Amazon deliveries and Diapers.com deliveries lately have been through OnTrac delivered in an unmarked white van. The OnTrac deliveries usually arrive within a day of when I ordered them.

Interesting. The ontrac vans in my area are all marked now.

Claki
08-22-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm not usually here when deliveries come but on emailed shipping notice I get for my Amazon subscribe and save items they all say that Prestige is the shipper.