PDA

View Full Version : OT: My Sister Rocks

Toba
08-20-2010, 03:46 PM
I am so proud of my middle sister (younger). She has 2 under 2 and runs a petsitting business with several employees and I think about 200 clients. All while working at home. She has a co-owner, but my sister does most of the work (not to impugn her co-owner ... they are best friends and does a LOT for the business herself). They are both camping with their spouses and my father. The campground promised free broadband internet ... she couldn't get a signal so she called me and had me go through her e-mail to send a letter out to a new client. I had to read her the new messages for today, and holy crap, just the stuff from today would make my head spin. She's so cool. And to think, ten years ago we barely spoke (there's 7-1/2 years between us and we were never in the same place at school, family, etc.). Now I consider her one of my best friends. <3

pinkmomagain
08-20-2010, 03:55 PM
First of all, it does sound like your sis is amazing! Secondly, thanks for posting. My youngest is 6 yrs from my middle and 9 yrs from my oldest, so it's nice to hear that you two have a great sister relationship. I hope mine do too.

jenfromnj
08-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Sisters really do rock! My sister and I are less than a year apart (Irish twins!) and fought tooth and nail when we were younger. Once we hit adulthood, and especially now that we're both married moms who currently SAH, we're super close and I can't imagine not having her around. And the bonus for me is that she has a DD just about a year older than my DS, and seeing her parent her DD has been great for me as far as parenting DS.