PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a dress up outfit for play for a 6YO?

Toba
08-20-2010, 03:56 PM
My son and I are going through Amazon a little here and there ... I tell him it's his list for Santa but it's actually my buying list. He picked out quite a few cowboy things that were really cheap. He found spurs but you have to wear them with boots. The boots and the spurs are about $40 ... DS is begging for them (I put them on the list to go along with the charade, but I took them off later) and now I have DH who's saying they would be so cool. Not only that, we have Pergo and real hardwood floors throughout most of the house (there are two small rooms with carpeting), which basically just answered my own question. I feel bad though ... he's an awesome kid, would do anything for anybody, and is an only child so I strongly encourage imaginative play. WWYD?

niccig
08-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Can you find plastic toy spurs that won't do any damage? Cowboy boots should be fine though.

My DS is 6 at Christmas and he is very into dress-up. He's wearing his SWAT uniform at the moment, but he'll probably change into his construction outfit or race car outfit later on. We do have some real things. DS bought a real a-frame construction barrier with his own allowance/birthday money from Lowes. I refused to buy it for him, but I did let him use his own money.

MamaMolly
08-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Isn't that what pipecleaners were invented for? Get him some cheap boots and a packet of pipecleaners and let him go to town. :)