PDA

View Full Version : You've lost my business!

KrisM
08-20-2010, 07:03 PM
We were at a toy store yesterday and DS1 saw some things he wanted. They were on sale for 40% off! So, I was talking to the sales person about them and asked when the sale ended and she told me they'd be on sale a few more days at least. I told her I'd get back there in the morning when DS1 was at camp. She came up to me a bit later to say she learned they'd be 50% off then.

So, I drive 25 minutes back to the store this morning. They aren't on sale at all! Nothing. Regular price. Same person was working and she said "I'm sorry, I didn't know". Well, then why did you tell me that they'd be on sale for a few more days???

What a waste of my morning. I will not go back there if they can't get things straight.

catpagmo
08-20-2010, 07:28 PM
That stinks! Can you talk to a manager to see if they'll still sell it to you at the price she said it would be?

KrisM
08-20-2010, 08:12 PM
That stinks! Can you talk to a manager to see if they'll still sell it to you at the price she said it would be?

I did and was told there was nothing that could be done.

BabyMine
08-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Is it a well known toy store or a mom and pop? I can't believe they didn't extend the sale to you due to their error. Customer service seems to be getting worse.

KrisM
08-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Is it a well known toy store or a mom and pop? I can't believe they didn't extend the sale to you due to their error. Customer service seems to be getting worse.

I'd put it in between. It's not TRU or anything like that, but there are 13 across the country, including 2 in Michigan.

MamaMolly
08-23-2010, 12:38 AM
I did and was told there was nothing that could be done.

So instead of making a sale on an item that *was* reduced in price anyway, they loose that sale and future sales. You could be on the BBB right now singing their praises. How short-sighted of them. I don't see how extending the sale one day, to one customer who'd come back specifically for an item (not like putting the sign back up) would really hurt them.