PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Born Free sippy spouts?

TwoBees
08-20-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm thinking of buying these to turn our bottles into sippys. Do they work well?

TwinFoxes
08-20-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm thinking of buying these to turn our bottles into sippys. Do they work well?

HATED! Leaked and difficult to suck. I loved the bottles though. So disappointing.

TwoBees
08-20-2010, 10:06 PM
HATED! Leaked and difficult to suck. I loved the bottles though. So disappointing.

Oh! That's a bummer! Thanks for the warning though.

TwinFoxes
08-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Others may like them, but we gave up. And it sucked, they were very expensive!

I saw your other post asking for recs. We started using Take and Toss cups after reading about them here. They are valveless, easy to grip and cheap! They're BPA free, but I'm not sure they're phthalate free.

We also bought Tiltys early on, and liked those too. You can usually find a deal on them somewhere. They are BPA and phthalate free.

Www.tiltycup.com

Andi98989
08-20-2010, 10:54 PM
We bought one Born Free sippy and DS seems to do fine with it; I don't find that it really leaks. I did get the full cup and use it as a unit; I don't swap the ring/top with my regular bottles.

He doesn't seem to care for the Playtex Sipsters; he loves the Take n Toss cups.

JBaxter
08-20-2010, 11:44 PM
I have 4 born free sippy cups and have not had any leaking issues with them at all. I think they are much better than the avent cups I have.

I would recommend the born free sippy cups. I like the nubby cups but the spouts dont last long ( Jack chews those to pieces)

llama8
08-21-2010, 07:41 AM
I got 1 BornFree sippy cup free in a gift set of bottles from my baby shower. My DD uses the sippy cup and it doesn't leak, but she prefers the Playtex sippy cup much better.

I do have to say that BornFree does make the best baby bottles and we are very happy with them. The sippy up is only ok.

the2bobs
09-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Sippy spout leaks, DS2 left a trail of milk throughout the house. DS1 used to use them and chewed the spout into a million pieces. The bottles have worked great for DS2 but we couldn't use them at all for DS1, so it must be baby preference. The take n toss are great, it's what we started sippy training with for both kids and both loved them.