PDA

View Full Version : How much time to you give yourself to travel from resort to your dining reservation?

liz
08-22-2010, 09:49 AM
We have made a few of our dining reservations and when reading the conditions and terms of the dining request, it says to give yourself up to 1 and 1/2 hours of travel time to get to the restaurant. Yikes!

We are staying at SSR and have dining reservations as follows:

*Character breakfast at Cape May Cafe at 7:45am

*dinner at AK Tusker House at 5:05pm

*dinner at MK Liberty Bell Tavern 5:05pm

Does anyone have any advice as to how long we should allot ourselves to get from SSR to the different parks and resorts?

egoldber
08-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Are you taking the bus or driving? It's a 10 minute drive, but you do need to park and walk to the resort, which could take another 10-15 minutes.

For a 7:45 am reservation, if I were taking the bus, I would plan to be at the bus stop at 6:30. You will need to take a bus to a park and transfer and the buses don't run that often that early.

For the dinner reservations, I assume those are the parks you plan to be at that day? If not, for the MK you need to allow time to get the bus there, then walk to LTT, which will take about 15 minutes from the park entrance.

liz
08-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Oops, I should have mentioned that we are solely using Disney transportation (bus from the resort).

As far as MK and AK dining reservations, we are going back to the room for naps in the afternoon. My concern was leaving the room in the afternoon and getting to the restaurant inside the parks.

As far as the breakfast is concerned, oh boy. That's really early :eek:. I wonder if a taxi might be better?

clc053103
08-22-2010, 12:16 PM
The Disney recommendation is 1.5 hrs travel time. Now, that is excessive in my opinion for a park restaurant, but I do agree with Beth that you may need close to that to bus to another resort. First you will need to take a bus to DTD (not recommended) or the closest park, then transfer to a bus to that specific resort.

I would estimate a taxi will cost you $15-20. to me, that's money well spent!

liz
08-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the replies. We are definitely going to take a taxi for the Cape May breakfast. I don't need that kind of stress before I've had my coffee, LOL.

For the other dining reservations in the park, I guess we will use the bus and give ourselves an 1hr + for travel time (if you think that's enough time).

OT- these are the kind of questions that keep me sleepless at night, IYKWIM. I always try to plan our vacations while imagining what the whole day will be like, and sometimes it's hard to know what to expect until you get there. Your real world experience and tips helps me sooo much!:love5: