PDA

View Full Version : New here - Any good deals on Snugride 35 or Keyfit 30s?

errie6
08-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi,

Well like everyone else I'm having trouble deciding between the two brands. I thought to make it easier, since it sounds like safety wise they're the same, I'd ask if anyone knows the best place to get one of these brands cheaper. I know the BRU is having that trade in 25% off, but someone mentioned that better deals on car seats can be better had elsewhere. So the question is where? Thanks so much in advance!!!

Pinky
08-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Have you checked albeebaby.com and diapers.com? I got great deals on my baby gear at those websites. I believe I got my Keyfit at diapers.com and was able to use a first time customer discount and get a good deal on diapers too.

GraceH
08-24-2010, 11:55 PM
If a slightly older seat (may expire in 5yr instead of 6) isn't a big deal to you, the pre-cursor to the SR35, the SafeSeat, can be purchased for under $100: http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-infant-safeseat-step-1-car-seat-8a16gni-gianni.html (same 32" height = same outgrowth expectancy as SR35, shell rated to 30lbs rather than 35lbs)

errie6
08-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks that's nice to know. I didn't know if was the same and I'd probably won't use it that long to care about the expiration date. Thanks again for the info!

bostonsmama
08-25-2010, 09:51 PM
If a slightly older seat (may expire in 5yr instead of 6) isn't a big deal to you, the pre-cursor to the SR35, the SafeSeat, can be purchased for under $100: http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-infant-safeseat-step-1-car-seat-8a16gni-gianni.html (same 32" height = same outgrowth expectancy as SR35, shell rated to 30lbs rather than 35lbs)

Yeah, but for $27 more you can get the Graco 35 in Laguna Bay (in store) with 20% off coupon at BRU. Granted, you pay tax, but in our state it's not too bad.

tlnt
08-31-2010, 06:19 PM
good luck on deciding.
We're in the same boat deciding b/w KF30 and SR35.
We tested both in Great Beginnings store in MD. We put the KF30 in a snap n go and a SR35 in the Graco frame. Then we put the SR35 on the bar with a Citi Mini for extra measure. We really like how the SR35 snapped in (made us feel safer) but honestly that ONLY secures the top part of the seat (or where the baby's head is). The bottom half (where the baby's feet is) still needs to be either strapped in or anchored in with plastic tabs (in the case of the graco frame). The KF30 on the snap n' go is very secure still (but the strap needs to be definitely used IMO) otherwise there may be some potential for it to slip out but it does sit VERY deeply into the frame. I actually put the KF30 into a graco frame (we thought we liked the graco frame better) and it fit very well actually but there isn't a good way to secure the KF30 on a graco frame that I could see (strap or the plastic red tab didn't line up right).

We did scrutinize the carseat a lot and we think we'll wait closer to due date - the KF30 seems to "fit" smaller child IMO but we've know couples that's had both and they seem to be ok for them (the SR35 seemed big to us atleast in terms of the inserts - and we were warned NOT to use snuzzlers or other 3rd party liners - manuf tells you the same). We really felt the KF30 seemed better "constructed" like the cloth material seems finer threaded (hard to explain), the base seemed more solid (the SR35 base seemed large with many open plastic frame parts). But I'm sure both are safe, otherwise they wouldn't be as popular as they are. Graco seems to be supported (without additional adapters) more often - probably due to where it's lock mechanism is.

We did try to search for deals online and at stores and decided that we would get the SR35 / laguna at BRU using the 20% or (25% if you do the trade in). Think our local BBB store only had it in Maddox and 1 other color. Laguna looks the most neutral color and has the nice velvet like cloth.

For the KF30, we did see a romantic with the booty thing in BBB (but we decided against it). We did also see adventure (which wasn't bad for neutral) and there is also a fuego (mabye similar inventory at BRU). Again, 20% coupon wouldn't be bad.

We considered diapers.com with their discount/PM - they have a good policy and CS (they encourage you to try things out to make sure it works for you)

Anyways, hope that helps if you were wondering (sry to hijack your thread :)). Good luck, please let us know what you decide.