PDA

View Full Version : Must-brings to disney?

funafmommy
08-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey all you Disney veterans,

The time for our trip is getting so close (almost 2 weeks!) and I am starting to make my "to bring" list. Is there anything you think is a Must-Pack? Or things you wish you would have packed but forgot/didnt know about?

I'd love to hear all your opinions! Thanks so much! :)

- Lisa

LD92599
08-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Poncho's from the dollar store
Extra pens for autograph books

don't forget extra memory cards for your camera!

egoldber
08-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Honestly, the more I go, the less I bring. I just hate hauling all that stuff around in the parks, on and off buses, etc.

I take a backpack which I fill with snacks, water bottles that we refill, a change of clothes for younger DD, autograph book, and sometimes rain jackets for the kids. I do also often pack sandwiches for the kids vs giving them yet another CS kid meal. (We do not do the dining plan.)

But other than that, I try not to pack a lot.

DietCokeLover
08-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Backpack with: dipes/ wipes, water bottle, snacks, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, camera, poncho, and sometimes a couple of sandwiches.

clc053103
08-26-2010, 12:21 PM
I use the "ultimate packing list" found on Mousesavers and other sites:

http://www.mousesavers.com/timeismoney.html#packing

As for taking into the park, I use one bag for ponchos, change or clothes for a younger child (things that I would live if someone stole it!) I tie that on the stroller. Then, I carry a Le Sportsac cross-body bag containing: money, credit card, room key, camera, sunglasses, hand sanitizer, lip balm/gloss, cell phone, sunscreen stick.

If you have a newly pt'd child, consider a small pack of post-its to place over the toilet sensors when they use them, as the auto flush toilet can be frightening to younger children.

DebbieJ
08-26-2010, 12:25 PM
I know it's not fashionable, but I wore a fanny pack. That way I always had the money, passes, point N shoot camera, travel size sunscreens, lip blam, and hand sanitizer on me. It was nice to just be able to park the stroller and not worry about what we needed to carry with us.

I was also very glad I brought moleskin. Blisters from all that walking can be very painful.

DebbieJ
08-26-2010, 01:25 PM
oops, double.

TwinFoxes
08-26-2010, 01:41 PM
This may be obvious, but bring as much sunscreen as you think you will need for a multi-day trip in the hot, hot sun. It ain't cheap in the World!

Same goes for extra batteries for your camera, and if your camera takes a special battery, definitely bring a backup!

A waterproof camera might be fun if you're planning on hitting the water parks, or even for the hotel pool.

I'm a minimalist packer, and often think I can always buy whatever I forget. But the items I mention tend to be very $$ in the world, and when it comes to sunscreen, you likely won't be able to find your brand.

Have fun!!!!

Tinkerbell313
08-26-2010, 03:16 PM
We do not buy "trinkets" in the parks...any of that light up stuff, etc. If you are at the parks at night you will see several stands selling the light up stuff. It is very pricey.

However, with that said...I do buy the glow necklaces and bracelets from the dollar store and pack them in my suitcase. I spend a total of $5.00 and they last all week between the two kids.

bubbaray
08-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Comfortable shoes for everyone, hats, sunscreen and a credit card. Anything else you forget you can buy....

Have a great trip!

ETA: duh a camera and a video camera

funafmommy
08-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks everyone! I see a lot of you used a backpack instead of a diaper bag clipped to the handlebars of the stroller (I know you technically are not supposed to do this but I always test the bag/stroller each time and my stroller never ever tips). Anyhow any benefit of bringing a backpack over my method? Thanks so much! :)

egoldber
08-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Personally, I prefer a backpack because for those times when I have to fold the stroller and carry it (and any bags that were on it), it's easier on me.

I also use a small messenger bag, like the Overland Donner, and I can wear the backpack easier while also carrying that bag. And the stroller.

ETA: The backpack slips very easily into the basket of our Mac as long as I don't stuff it.