PDA

View Full Version : Dear PITA Parent

kransden
08-24-2010, 09:59 PM
This has been a REALLY BAD week for me, so if you can't join in my bitch, go to another thread please.

My dd has a dance recital on Sat. This is a big deal with make-up, big hair etc.
Today, my dd brings home a birthday invite (Tues). She is the only girl in class to get one. This is not a close friend. I am veteran bday mom. This means 1 of 2 things. Mom couldn't get her $#! in 1 sock, and threw the party together. OR mom had the party together, but had a last minute cancellation. Either way, this is a family party and my child will be the only outsider. This would be a huge inconvience for me, and we can't go anyway because of the recital.

Now my dd is begging me and crying her heart out. She knows she can't go and why, but it still hurts. It is a night with a lot of homework, and we are all tired. If she would have had the decency to send it on a Friday, then this would have been long over. I really need some wine.

SnuggleBuggles
08-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Sucky. :(

eta- decided to just go with sucky.

Beth

TwinFoxes
08-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Allow me:

:54:

MamaMolly
08-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Well crap, that stinks! I think you qualify for :54: and a twisty straw.

crl
08-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Join me in some wine.

Catherine

California
08-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if all party invites went to the parents first? Then we could pre-screen and skip the whining and crying part! This has made me very fond of Evite invitations :heartbeat:

citymama
08-25-2010, 02:44 AM
OP - that sucks. Hope you got that wine and that your DD miraculously forgets about it tomorrow.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all party invites went to the parents first? Then we could pre-screen and skip the whining and crying part! This has made me very fond of Evite invitations :heartbeat:

I :heartbeat: Evites for this reason as well. No invites in school cubbies, please! Full disclosure: I didn't even tell DD about a bday party of one of her classmates (who she claims to dislike anyway) last weekend. Would have been too much of a pain to do, and she isn't a fan of this kid anyway. There, got that off my chest!

kransden
08-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks everyone!

If this was someone she was close friends with I could understand, but it's not. She has never talked about this little girl. This school has LOTS of large families, so birthday parties are a rare thing. I was 1 of 2 parents that had a classroom party last year, and the funny thing was they were on the same day!