PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Central Park Blanket $11.24 (dead)

Multimama
08-26-2010, 11:05 AM
The Skip Hop Central Park blanket and cooler in the uptown stripe pattern is $11.24 right now at bedbathandbeyond.com. I thought that was a pretty good price since it's usually $45.00.

Just FYI I tried to pricematch to diapers.com and they said they wouldn't do the pricematch because it's below cost.

infocrazy
08-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks! I picked one up for myself and an upcoming shower!

asha07
08-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Picked up 3 ;)!

Thanks a lot!!

elektra
08-26-2010, 12:06 PM
That is a great deal!

ang79
08-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Darn, I had a free ship coupon that just ended!

Think I'll get one for myself, one for SIL and one for BF for Christmas, thanks!

njk07
08-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Great deal! Thanks!

Multimama
08-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks! I picked one up for myself and an upcoming shower!

You made me realize it's an even better deal if you buy two since shipping is the same so I called them and changed my order to two! Thanks. :)

I was excited to post this because I almost never find great deals on things I'm actually looking to buy. :)

HonoluluMom
08-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Aargh! Just as I was debating whether I should order, the website now says it's out of stock!

iaam
08-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks OP, great deal. I didn't need it but couldn't pass it up!

iaam
08-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks OP, great deal. I didn't need it but couldn't pass it up! So, next time we go to Central Park, we'll take our JJ Cole blanket and our Skip Hop blanket and DH will make fun of me for carrying to much baggage:)

Minnifer
08-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Shoot - as usual, before ordering, I went through the site to see what else I could buy, and now the blanket is sold out! I did place the order and it appeared to go through since I had the blanket in my cart for a while, but I'm guessing it will get canceled.

When, when, when will I learn to just buy a good deal rather than wasting time looking for other stuff while it sells out?????

ang79
08-26-2010, 03:18 PM
There were still some available at the same price at buybuybaby.com a few minutes ago!
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=17335162&

shoxie
08-26-2010, 03:39 PM
There were still some available at the same price at buybuybaby.com a few minutes ago!
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=17335162&

Thanks for posting this update - I just ordered through Buybuybaby - I wonder if it'll work. I certainly hope so! Such a great deal!

Minnifer
08-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Hmm, now wondering if I should order from BuyBuyBaby just in case the BedBath order gets cancelled. But I don't want to wind up with 4 of these!

Does anyone know, since BedBath let my order go through, what the likelihood is that I'll get canceled? The blanket was already in my cart when it started showing up as out of stock...

Drag0nflygirl
08-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Doesn't matter. They're gone.

mopat11
08-26-2010, 04:20 PM
In for 2 from Buy Buy Baby...they'll make great gifts! Thanks so much for posting!

Multimama
08-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm so glad I could help! :)

poohbear
08-26-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm so glad I could help! :)

Thanks MM - I ended up ordering through Buy Buy Baby - have been coveting one of these but haven't been able to bring myself to spend $45! I didn't see your post in this forum and also tried to get diapers.com to pm (I have credits there from a shipping snafu) and they woudln't do it for me either.
I have had good experiences with BBB and BBB so I'm assuming they'll ship without an issue :)

Drag0nflygirl
08-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Back in stock! I just grabbed 3.

dukie41181
08-27-2010, 10:24 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to grab 2...1 for me and 1 for a friend.

RoxanneC
08-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks!!! For some reason, a lot of the moms around me have this blanket! I was one of the only ones who would take out an old bedsheet :ROTFLMAO: ... but for $12 I'm totally in!!! I even got 1 as a gift for one of my friends too!

arivecchi
08-27-2010, 10:48 AM
This blanket is great. I grabbed 5 (1 for me :D, 3 for gifts and 1 for a friend). I have the wave dot one already and love it!!! :thumbsup: They are super useful and very cute.

peanut520
08-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Anyone know if i can return at Bed Bath Beyond b&m if i buy them on Buy Buy Baby? they are out on bed bath and beyond, but i dont have a buy buy baby around me.

Twin Mom
08-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Showing out of stock for me on both sites. bummer.

Minnifer
08-27-2010, 11:29 PM

Was it on BedBathBeyond or BuyBuyBaby that it had come back in stock? Still trying to figure out if my order (BedBath) is going to be canceled and figure it's a good fact if it popped back in stock.

Drag0nflygirl
08-27-2010, 11:45 PM
It was BuyBuyBaby. I was hoping if I checked early in the morning they might have cleared people's carts. I didn't check Bed Bath - but it was likely the same story there too.

dukie41181
08-28-2010, 12:27 AM
I got mine from Buy Buy Baby.

sewarsh
08-28-2010, 07:07 AM
both OOS. Darn! How did i miss this post!?!!?

wifecat
08-28-2010, 10:19 AM
back in stock at buybuybaby as of 10:19am! In for two! https://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=17335162&

calv
08-28-2010, 10:51 AM
so do you use a bed bath and beyond coupon at buy buy baby?

elektra
08-28-2010, 11:07 AM
back in stock at buybuybaby as of 10:19am! In for two! https://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=17335162&

yay! I just got two as well.

wifecat
08-28-2010, 11:15 AM

No, I just went with the price as is. Shipping was $5.99 so I got two (because shipping was the same for two, so I'll give one as a gift). I didn't see any coupons to add to the deal, but two for less than $30 shipped when one is reg $45 was good enough for me!

Looks like it's OOS again, though.

calv
08-28-2010, 11:21 AM
so if it's in my shopping cart at bbbaby, does that mean I can still buy it? or is it out of stock?

dukie41181
08-28-2010, 11:42 AM
so if it's in my shopping cart at bbbaby, does that mean I can still buy it? or is it out of stock?

I think it will become OOS when you try to do the purchase but I guess it couldn't hurt to try it and see what happens. I'd check again tomorrow morning and see if they're in stock again. Last 2 mornings they were after beinng OOS the day before. Couldn't hurt IMO.

poohbear
08-28-2010, 06:03 PM
The ones I ordered from Buy Buy Baby already arrived!
:cheerleader1:
Thanks Multimama!

Minnifer
08-28-2010, 07:03 PM
For those who ordered from BedBath&Beyond, have your orders been shipped yet? My order still shows it's being processed and I'm going to be SO irritated if it winds up being canceled after all, since I haven't jumped when it's come back in stock on BuyBuyBaby b/c I haven't gotten a cancellation notice :irked:

brgnmom
08-28-2010, 07:06 PM
For those who ordered from BedBath&Beyond, have your orders been shipped yet? My order still shows it's being processed and I'm going to be SO irritated if it winds up being canceled after all, since I haven't jumped when it's come back in stock on BuyBuyBaby b/c I haven't gotten a cancellation notice :irked:

I ordered a couple of hours before the blanket became OOS on Bed, Bath & Beyond, and my order says that it's still being processed. I called CS and he reassured me that they wouldn't cancel orders that are being processed. I guess we'll find out soon enough whether he is correct.

poohbear
08-28-2010, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't worry - I don't think it's a pricing error since it's still up on their site as that price (even though it's out of stock). I was just shocked at how quickly my package arrived! I ordered at about 2:00 on Thursday I think... I have a feeling Buy Buy Baby just doesn't process as many orders as Bed Bath and Beyond which could be why the Bed Bath and Beyond orders are taking longer...

poohbear
08-28-2010, 07:16 PM

you can use unexpired coupons(from either store) in store at buy buy baby. I think that you can probably bring in your receipt and use the coupon then (I know they allow you to bring back your receipt from B&M purchases if you forgot your coupon). Even without a coupon, at that price, they're a steal. Diapers.com wouldn't even pricematch because they said even with shipping it was below cost (they told me the most they could go to was $25!).
HTH! :)

Multimama
08-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Poohbear, if my order gets cancelled, you are required to give me one of your blankies. :p

I still haven't gotten shipping confirmation from Bed, Bath and Beyond so I ended up ordering two more from Buy, Buy Baby. We'll see if either set arrives!

poohbear
08-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Poohbear, if my order gets cancelled, you are required to give me one of your blankies. :p

I still haven't gotten shipping confirmation from Bed, Bath and Beyond so I ended up ordering two more from Buy, Buy Baby. We'll see if either set arrives!

;) Don't fret pets, they will arrive! Literally, mine went from processing order on the 26th to shipment notice on the 27th to package arriving on the 28th!
I would not worry! They did not change the price on the site, so it doesn't seem to be an error, just a smokin' deal (DH thought it was super cool when he saw it BTW after rolling his eyes at another package showing up at our door - he says he worries about the UPS man on a day that we don't receive a package. He thinks I am the UPS man's job security)...

calv
08-30-2010, 11:33 AM
RUN ladies back in stock at bbBaby!

arivecchi
08-30-2010, 11:43 AM
My buybuybaby ones arrived, but no word on the bedbathandbeyond ones.

mommybug
08-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Ugh! OOS again! I knew that I should have checked earlier! :(

calv
08-30-2010, 12:07 PM
I ordered from BBBaby on Saturday and my order still says in process ?shrug?

arivecchi
08-30-2010, 12:11 PM
I just cancelled my bedbath order and ordered from buybuybaby. When I called bedbath today they said they were looking in stores for stock. Uh-oh. I ordered from them last Thursday and had received no word.

I ordered another batch from buybuy on Fri and got them Sat. Seems like buybuybaby has a much better order/fulfillment system.

infocrazy
08-30-2010, 02:01 PM
I ordered from BedBath and mine shows "electronically" shipped Saturday, which means it will ship out today.

ang79
08-30-2010, 02:15 PM
I ordered from BedBath&Beyond on Thursday and my order still says processing. Just called and CSR said it is in the final stages of processing and they have fulfilled my order and are preparing to ship it. Crazy how it has taken them this long! Almost everyother major online retailer I've ever ordered from sends me shipping confirmation within a day, 2 at most!

Minnifer
08-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Argh, I missed it popping back in stock again:banghead:

But I did speak to BedBath CS this morning and the rep said they were sourcing the blankets from the BuyBuyBaby physical stores which apparently have a lot of inventory... and yet, somehow, I'm still not feeling confident about this...

Babymakes3
08-30-2010, 02:29 PM
So I had this in my cart at buybuybaby yesterday but didn't order it bc I already have the jjcole blanket and I didn't understand how it was a cooler and a blanket. While searching a little while ago I found another site that had more in depth pictures and now I want one dangit! I hope they get more in stock online!

calv
08-30-2010, 02:41 PM
So I had this in my cart at buybuybaby yesterday but didn't order it bc I already have the jjcole blanket and I didn't understand how it was a cooler and a blanket. While searching a little while ago I found another site that had more in depth pictures and now I want one dangit! I hope they get more in stock online!

please post/share the link of where you found it w/more pics :) TIA

arivecchi
08-30-2010, 02:41 PM
According to the reps I have spoken to, bedbath and buybuy have completely different online systems, so I would recommend getting them from buybuy if they come in stock again.

Babymakes3
08-30-2010, 02:47 PM
please post/share the link of where you found it w/more pics :) TIA
http://www.raspberrykids.com/gifts-for-mom/skip-hop-central-park-outdoor-blanket-and-cooler-bag.html

calv
08-30-2010, 02:58 PM
very cool! THANKS for the site. I hope we receive ours!

alleycat
08-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the link. I thought the blanket turned into a cooler. I know, duh.

I helped my sister order one. When I told DH, he asked why didn't we get one for ourselves (cuz you always complain about everything I buy). I called BBB cs the next morning and added another one to my order. I hope I get both. I placed the order on Thursday and it still says 'order being processed.'

Babymakes3
08-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Hmmm so it turns out the one I put in my buybuybaby cart was still there and it let me order it so I guess i'll see what happens!

Minnifer
08-30-2010, 03:13 PM
According to the reps I have spoken to, bedbath and buybuy have completely different online systems, so I would recommend getting them from buybuy if they come in stock again.

My BedBath rep said that my order shows as having been sent to a particular BuyBuy store for fulfillment from their inventory, so I guess they have ways to get the systems to work together/coordinate. If they pop back up at buybuy I'll probably get them anyway just in case and can always return in store if need be.

poohbear
08-30-2010, 07:50 PM
FWIW - I had to run out to Buy Buy Baby today. Brought my receipt with me (my blankets came this weekend) and some extra coupons, and they let me use one (they just returned the blankets and resold them using the coupon). They must be part of the summer clearance because my BBB didn't have any in-store, but they came up on the register as "promo 75%." I had a $10 off $30 coupon, so basically that covered the shipping and tax! Whoo hoo. Thanks again Multimama! :)

Point is, you can take your receipt with a current coupon to BBB if you want to use a coupon....

dukie41181
08-30-2010, 09:12 PM
FWIW - I had to run out to Buy Buy Baby today. Brought my receipt with me (my blankets came this weekend) and some extra coupons, and they let me use one (they just returned the blankets and resold them using the coupon). They must be part of the summer clearance because my BBB didn't have any in-store, but they came up on the register as "promo 75%." I had a $10 off $30 coupon, so basically that covered the shipping and tax! Whoo hoo. Thanks again Multimama! :)

Point is, you can take your receipt with a current coupon to BBB if you want to use a coupon....

Wow. I was there today and they weren't part of the 75% off summer clearance at my store. Perhaps they'll be going there eventually!

Multimama
08-30-2010, 09:36 PM

This is so cool. The clerks at my local store are super mean though. I don't think they would ever let me do this. But glad it worked for you. I'll be happy if I just get my $15 blankies. Still no shipping confirmations from either store for me. Can hardly wait!

Twin Mom
08-31-2010, 12:48 AM
I called customer service and ordered from Bed Bath and Beyond on Thursday after they were out of stock on both sites figuring they might get more stock. I figured it wouldn't go through b/c I never got the confirmation email I was expecting but when I called to check on the order yesterday I was told I would receive the email when it shipped. Got the shipping confirm today!! My point is that it may be worth calling to order if it shows out of stock.

Minnifer
08-31-2010, 09:27 AM
My order is still "in process" at BedBath - called again today and got the same shpiel about it being w/a particular BuyBuyBaby store for fulfillment, but no explanation as to why it hasn't shipped yet. And the rep couldn't say whether orders are fulfilled in the order in which they're recd... I'm getting kind of aggravated... think I'll call again in a bit and speak w/a supervisor.

Minnifer
08-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Back in stock on BuyBuyBaby! Go!!!! :yay:

I picked up 2, just in case the BedBath order doesn't work out...

sewarsh
08-31-2010, 10:09 AM
back in stock on buybuybaby! Go!!!! :yay:

I picked up 2, just in case the bedbath order doesn't work out...

ugh!!!!!!
I keep missing it!!!

lil_acorn
08-31-2010, 10:11 AM
already out of stock again! I placed my order, but we'll see if it goes through.

alleycat
08-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks! I just picked up two at BuyBuyBaby. Hoping to get shipping confirmation within the next two days so I can cancel my BedBathBeyond order. I called BedBathBeyond and was told it'll ship by the end of the week. We'll see...

sewarsh
08-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Just called BBBaby 800# and was able to order 2 over the phone!!

liamsmom
08-31-2010, 10:44 AM
ugh!!!!!!
I keep missing it!!!

Me too. I just called BuyBuyBaby and they said they were definitely out of stock now. I suspect they'll be popping up on ebay pretty soon...

poohbear
08-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Wow. I was there today and they weren't part of the 75% off summer clearance at my store. Perhaps they'll be going there eventually!

Maybe they manually overrode it? Or the online ones had a different code? Receipt from the store for the adjustment definitely said "75% off promo", but my store didn't have any in stock (in either color). Maybe they just don't carry them though... They did have a different kind of blanket that wasn't on sale.

At any rate, it sounds like they're pulling all the ones from the stores to fill orders so it may be a moot point! :)

tlnt
08-31-2010, 06:01 PM
We did see one at the store and were able to snag the last one (sry).
Don't recall what the receipt said but it showed the price to be either the same or similar to the online price. No need for manager override, it just showed up on the register.
Note stores, have the dots one but those don't seem to be on sale, maybe manager will override???
Good luck to all.

masary27
08-31-2010, 07:47 PM
You might want to check the stores if you live near one. I was able to find a few that were part of their summer clearance for 75% off ($11.25). With BBB coupons they came to $9 each. Best of luck tracking one down.

Minnifer
08-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Bwahaha, this is actually pretty funny - the depths of my shopping "issue": I had originally ordered 2 from BedBath last Thurs and they've been in limbo since... although CS today said they'd ship eventually, I today snagged 2 on BuyBuyBaby "just in case"... then on a whim decided to stop by my local BuyBuyBaby after work and lo and behold they were there and ringing up at $11.25, so I bought 3, thinking I would cancel the online orders... called and found out that the BedBath order had just shipped! Luckily I was able to cancel the BuyBuyBaby order, so now I'll "just" have 5 of these instead of 7, lol!

I'm sure I'll find some friends who want 2, I'm just annoyed about the shipping that I didn't need to pay. The BedBath CS guy tonight tried to tell me that they automatically refund shipping on returns but that's not what the website says (I think he meant they pay for return shipping).

:rotflmao: Ha, what a saga! But they're great blankets, and I didn't realize they were machine washable too, which is a nice plus.

poohbear
08-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Bwahaha, this is actually pretty funny - the depths of my shopping "issue": I had originally ordered 2 from BedBath last Thurs and they've been in limbo since... although CS today said they'd ship eventually, I today snagged 2 on BuyBuyBaby "just in case"... then on a whim decided to stop by my local BuyBuyBaby after work and lo and behold they were there and ringing up at $11.25, so I bought 3, thinking I would cancel the online orders... called and found out that the BedBath order had just shipped! Luckily I was able to cancel the BuyBuyBaby order, so now I'll "just" have 5 of these instead of 7, lol!

I'm sure I'll find some friends who want 2, I'm just annoyed about the shipping that I didn't need to pay. The BedBath CS guy tonight tried to tell me that they automatically refund shipping on returns but that's not what the website says (I think he meant they pay for return shipping).

:rotflmao: Ha, what a saga! But they're great blankets, and I didn't realize they were machine washable too, which is a nice plus.

That is kind of funny. They don't refund shipping on returns (at least that's what the lady at the register told me), but I think they cover your return shipping. Just out of curiosity, where in the store were they? Up front with the other blankets or in the diaper bag section? (I didn't see them in either place at my store. The cashier told me they didn't have them, but who knows?!)In the long run, I didn't mind spending the extra $2 an item for shipping (I ordered 3 - at $11 a blanket, I knew two people besides me who would want one!)

Multimama
08-31-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm glad my deal discovery got some people some nice blankets. :D AFM, I'm still waiting for shipping confirmation from both BedBath and BuyBuy. I wonder if I'll ever get any blankies of my very own.

Minnifer
08-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Just out of curiosity, where in the store were they? Up front with the other blankets or in the diaper bag section? My store (NYC) had a little summer clearance section with pool/outdoor toys and other summer stuff and that's where all the picnic/outdoor blankets were as well. They were all marked full price incl these Skip Hops, but I took them over to the register to check and they rang up for the sale price.

Thanks again Multimama - sure hope you get your orders soon!!

dukie41181
08-31-2010, 10:01 PM
My store (NYC) had a little summer clearance section with pool/outdoor toys and other summer stuff and that's where all the picnic/outdoor blankets were as well. They were all marked full price incl these Skip Hops, but I took them over to the register to check and they rang up for the sale price.

Thanks again Multimama - sure hope you get your orders soon!!

I saw them in store yesterday and didn't even think to price check them. In my store they weren't with the summer clearance but were in with the diaper bags and other blankets. They were clearly marked $44.99. I'm kickin' myself for not at least cheking

ETA: I JUST got my shipping confirmation from Buy Buy Baby and I placed my order on the 27th.

njk07
08-31-2010, 10:42 PM
I ordered 8 as gifts from Bed Bath on 8/26. I called CS last night because the status still said "order being processed". He said that he'd follow up and not to worry. He said that I should receive all by the first week of September, at the latest. Today, I received 2 out of the 8 but the status still shows as being processed.

Gracemom
09-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Scored one at the local BBB today! Yay! The guy I asked to price check said it was reg. price. Then I tried another girl when I checked out and she said you had to actually purchase it to show the 75% off price. And she let me use 2 coupons! Thanks for posting this great deal!

Babymakes3
09-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Scored one at the local BBB today! Yay! The guy I asked to price check said it was reg. price. Then I tried another girl when I checked out and she said you had to actually purchase it to show the 75% off price. And she let me use 2 coupons! Thanks for posting this great deal!

Wow 2 coupons! You practically got it for free!

jenfromnj
09-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Went to my local BBB this morning (Paramus, NJ)-they had a clearance section in the front, with a couple of these blankets in a corner. I put one in my cart, planning to have the price checked at the register, but as soon as I started to walk away, the store employee who was stocking all the clearance merchandise said "Oh, those [pointing to the blanket] aren't 75% off, they're just here for space reasons." I double checked at the register (it was scanned as if I was going to purchase it), and sure enough, it came up as regular price. Oh well-it was worth a try!

ang79
09-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I got shipping notice from BedBathBeyond late last evening for the 3 blankets I ordered last Thursday. When I clicked on the tracking, it said it had been registered for shipping at UPS but had not actually shipped yet. To my surprise, when I got home for lunch today, a huge box was sitting by my door! Looks like it shipped from NJ and I live in PA.

I opened up one of the blankets. Its not quite as thin as the other picnic blanket I have from BedBathBeyond and not quite as long, but I'm hoping its more waterproof than that one. The cooler bag could hold a few bottles of water, sippies, and an ice pack, maybe a few snack baggies. Overall, not bad for the $14 shipped that I paid for it. I got two for Christmas gifts as well, so hopefully my friend and SIL will like!

alleycat
09-01-2010, 03:17 PM
I placed my order on Thursday but haven't received any shipping confirmation yet. I decided to go to the website to check the status anyway. Status said shipped 9/1/10. I tracked the package. Sent via FedEx yesterday and should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait!

Minnifer
09-01-2010, 03:39 PM
That's so weird how the BuyBuyBaby stores are being inconsistent about whether or not the blankets are marked down. I get how online v. B&M could have different pricing (although that's annoying enough as it is) but it shouldn't vary from store to store. How frustrating!

shoxie
09-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I placed my order on Thursday but haven't received any shipping confirmation yet. I decided to go to the website to check the status anyway. Status said shipped 9/1/10. I tracked the package. Sent via FedEx yesterday and should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait!

That's great! I ordered on Thursday from BuyBuyBaby and still have had no luck. I e-mailed them yesterday and got a response that they're scouring stores to try and fulfill my order. I'm not optimistic, although it seems some posters ordered later and are getting the blankets. Pretty inconsistent is right!

elektra
09-01-2010, 05:22 PM
That's great! I ordered on Thursday from BuyBuyBaby and still have had no luck. I e-mailed them yesterday and got a response that they're scouring stores to try and fulfill my order. I'm not optimistic, although it seems some posters ordered later and are getting the blankets. Pretty inconsistent is right!

I just checked my Saturday order too and it says "order being processed" Boooooo!

Minnifer
09-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Sheesh. I just called BedBath again and despite having been told yesterday that I couldn't cancel my order b/c the blankets had already been shipped, turns out that isn't remotely the case - they were still pending. So I was able to cancel the order after all (the CS person also kindly pulled back a couple of other items I had thrown into the order which were already on their way and where the shipping for those (with no blankets) would have cost half the price of the items).

I hope that my cancellations of both stores' orders free up some stock for you guys!!! I'm really glad I lucked into the 3 yesterday at the store (and am resisting going back for more, LOL).

poohbear
09-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Went to my local BBB this morning (Paramus, NJ)-they had a clearance section in the front, with a couple of these blankets in a corner. I put one in my cart, planning to have the price checked at the register, but as soon as I started to walk away, the store employee who was stocking all the clearance merchandise said "Oh, those [pointing to the blanket] aren't 75% off, they're just here for space reasons." I double checked at the register (it was scanned as if I was going to purchase it), and sure enough, it came up as regular price. Oh well-it was worth a try!

Were they the striped ones or the polka dots? The polka dots are full priced. Only the striped ones are on clearance...

arivecchi
09-02-2010, 01:43 PM
I got the following email from Buybuybaby today:

Thank you for your e-mail. We truly apologize for the situation. Providing excellent service and presentable merchandise is our top priority. Unfortunately, the Skip Hop Central Park Outdoor Blanket & Cooler Bag - Chocolate/Uptown Stripe is no longer being carried by buybuy Baby, our inventory is extremely low. However, we are try everything possible to locate the item for you. This allows us to do a search throughout our stores and have the item shipped from one of our locations. This may delay the shipping of your order, depending on the location where the merchandise is found. Once the order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking number.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. If you should have any questions please e-mail or call us at 1-877-3-BUY-BABY (1-877-328-9222) buybuybaby.com. One of our customer service representatives will gladly assist you.

sewarsh
09-02-2010, 01:46 PM

Thank you for your e-mail. We truly apologize for the situation. Providing excellent service and presentable merchandise is our top priority. Unfortunately, the Skip Hop Central Park Outdoor Blanket & Cooler Bag - Chocolate/Uptown Stripe is no longer being carried by buybuy Baby, our inventory is extremely low. However, we are try everything possible to locate the item for you. This allows us to do a search throughout our stores and have the item shipped from one of our locations. This may delay the shipping of your order, depending on the location where the merchandise is found. Once the order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking number.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. If you should have any questions please e-mail or call us at 1-877-3-BUY-BABY (1-877-328-9222) buybuybaby.com. One of our customer service representatives will gladly assist you.

oh no! sh*t! hope mine doesn't get cancelled..... hopefully they'll "locate" ones for us all.

lil_acorn
09-02-2010, 01:48 PM

When did you place that order?

elektra
09-02-2010, 02:01 PM

Bummer. I just emailed them too, in case they are somehow prioritizing the fulfillment by how much you have asked about your blankie order!

arivecchi
09-02-2010, 02:44 PM
When did you place that order? Monday.

lil_acorn
09-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Monday.

drats - not much hope for me then since I placed mine on Tuesday.

Drag0nflygirl
09-02-2010, 03:11 PM
I recieved one of the three I ordered yesterday. I'll get over it if I don't get the other two. I'd rather see other people get at least one for themselves.

Momof3Labs
09-02-2010, 03:27 PM
10 pages on a picnic blanket deal? This excitement level almost rivals the holiday Amazon deals!!

Minnifer
09-02-2010, 03:41 PM
10 pages on a picnic blanket deal? This excitement level almost rivals the holiday Amazon deals!!

Haha, we're warming up for that!

arivecchi
09-02-2010, 03:51 PM
The Bed Bath ones I ordered on 8/26 finally shipped last night.

Multimama
09-02-2010, 05:29 PM

I'm so excited that my first ever Bargain Alert was so popular! :)

The Bed Bath ones I ordered on 8/26 finally shipped last night.

Don't count your blankies before they catch. I got my shipping alert yesterday too and there was only one blanket in the package. The other one is shipping separately, they said. We'll see, but I am thrilled to have one. Yay!

ETA: The price was so good I can hardly believe this wasn't a pricing error!

lareine
09-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Is there a way to still order this? i was at buybuybaby in nyc and there were a few in stock, but at full price!!! :-(

jenfromnj
09-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Were they the striped ones or the polka dots? The polka dots are full priced. Only the striped ones are on clearance...

They were the stripes-they had the dots too, though. Coincidentally, we had to go back to the store today because I bought the wrong thing for a gift we needed, and they were all gone. I'm thinking they pulled them to fulfill the online orders, because it would be a very big coincidence for all of these full-priced blankets to suddenly be bought in less than 24 hours, especially mid-week.

calv
09-02-2010, 07:13 PM
a HUGE thanks to the OP for this great deal. $17 seems pricey for a blanket but I rec'd ours today. LOVELOVELOVE it. THANK YOU :D

Minnifer
09-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Is there a way to still order this? i was at buybuybaby in nyc and there were a few in stock, but at full price!!! :-(

I bought them in the NYC store earlier this week (I think Tues?) and even though they're marked full price they rang up at the sale price.

poohbear
09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
I bought them in the NYC store earlier this week (I think Tues?) and even though they're marked full price they rang up at the sale price.

Yeah, I noticed BBB is not good at physically marking things down. I bought a Melissa and Doug ball that was $1.75 but not marked (down or marked anything) anywhere. None of them were except for the sign on top of the shelf...

conniez
09-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Nice post! I didn't get in on this, but was wondering if anyone in the Bay Area has happened upon these at a B&M Bed, Bath & Beyond store? I see many mention they've picked them up @ Buy Buy Baby, but we don't have those in N. California. TIA!

iaam
09-03-2010, 10:11 AM
I went to my buybuy Baby store yesterday to return a couple of dressed I bought for DD at the 75% off clothing sale. I saw that they had two of these blankets, in with the others. They were still marked full price too. I took them to the cashier and they ring up as 75% off, so I got both. With my 20% off BBB coupons, each was $9! BTW, this was at the Totowa, NJ store. I know someone else mentioned that they were not on sale in Paramus, just a few miles away!

arivecchi
09-03-2010, 10:16 AM
The Bed Bath ones I ordered on 8/26 finally shipped last night. Got mine last night! :boogie:

lareine
09-03-2010, 10:32 AM

OH really? I asked an associate yesterday - he checked the database and it was marked full price... maybe i'll try bringing it to the cashier... thanks!! =)

Twin Mom
09-03-2010, 10:35 AM
When I called customer service, they told me they were an online only item for Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Nice post! I didn't get in on this, but was wondering if anyone in the Bay Area has happened upon these at a B&M Bed, Bath & Beyond store? I see many mention they've picked them up @ Buy Buy Baby, but we don't have those in N. California. TIA!

sewarsh
09-03-2010, 11:12 AM
I just called and they cancelled my order!! no email or even an apology by the rep. arrgh. SO mad! i ordered 8/31

Babymakes3
09-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Dang! I just got an email that they could not fulfill my order and it's been cancelled. Arghhh!

shoxie
09-03-2010, 11:56 AM
I have a feeling I'll be getting a cancellation, too, and I ordered 8.26. I'm REALLY peeved...

lil_acorn
09-03-2010, 12:08 PM
interesting..the striped version that was on clearance is now back in stock at BBB, but showing full price. Don't see how they can cancel our orders if they do have it in stock -it's the same item!

shoxie
09-03-2010, 12:38 PM
interesting..the striped version that was on clearance is now back in stock at BBB, but showing full price. Don't see how they can cancel our orders if they do have it in stock -it's the same item!

Thanks for finding that and pointing it out. This is so frustrating!

Minnifer
09-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah, that's ridiculous - if I hadn't canceled my order I'd be on the phone w/them raising quite a ruckus!

brgnmom
09-03-2010, 12:52 PM
currently, I've been placed on hold... the funny thing is when I first called, the CS rep guessed that I was calling about THE blanket (even before I disclosed my order #). :ROTFLMAO: He may have made a lucky guess b/c I started off talking about an order I placed last week (8/26) and it's still in the processing stage.

oh just got off the phone, and he said that he and his manager were able to locate one fortunately. Apparently some of the blankets at the warehouse were damaged, and they had to move their search to the local retail stores. The CS rep offered to reimburse the shipping fee for me since my credit card was accidentally charged before the order had even been shipped.

Babymakes3
09-03-2010, 01:25 PM
I just called bc my order was cancelled and they definitely appear to be back in stock online at full price, i'm annoyed. The CS said that is definitely weird and she put me on hold to check with her manager!

They said they are oos in the warehouse but they are trying to locate one. I then asked if they would be willing to substitute the other color and she said they weren't able to do that. She is going to call me back.

She called me back to tell me they located one at a store in NY and put it on hold, then she essentially placed a new order since they cancelled my old order. They do not seem to be all that organized with this.

shoxie
09-03-2010, 01:45 PM
I just called after e-mailing several times, and the CS rep said he'd send an e-mail to the warehouse, but that was it. I just don't understand their fulfillment process in the least...it's so strange and disorganized.

Multimama
09-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I just called after e-mailing several times, and the CS rep said he'd send an e-mail to the warehouse, but that was it. I just don't understand their fulfillment process in the least...it's so strange and disorganized.

Sorry people are having trouble. I got two blankets yesterday, but they came in two separate boxes via two different mail carriers even though they were part of the same order. One was clearly mailed directly from a Buy Buy Baby store in a different part of the country. Such a strange fulfillment process!

poohbear
09-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Lots of retailers actually do it this way. They assume they can fill the orders from their retailers if they don't have stock in the warehouse (the computer has a total of how many are actually in the company including in stores and then the orders are sent by computer to the actual store if the warehouse can't fill them). I used to work for a retailer that did this. Generally though, they won't accept orders if there are less than 5 available company wide. My guess is that so many people were ordering high quantities (3 or more) at once, that it just messed with the system...
As for the new ones being in stock at full price, my guess is that they have a different sku number...

maybeebaby08
09-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks OP, I was going to order but didn't want to pay 5.99 for shipping and I just happened to be near a BuyBuyBaby today and they had one left that was marked full price but rang up at the sale price.

wifecat
09-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Just got an email that my order was canceled. I ordered Sat morning 8/28. Bummer!

sewarsh
09-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Okay, so I ordered on 8/31 and called a few days later for update and was told they were cancelling my order, low inventory, apologized and said there was nothing they could do.

On 9/3 i called back again and played dumb all over again. Got a girl who felt bad because they were on the website selling the original version for full price. They said that they couldn't find any of the full price ones in the same color to price match but asked if i'd be okay if they price matched the Blanket Wave Dot color! Of course I said Yes.

Hadn't posted about it because i figured it was too good to be true, but i did get my shipping confirm this AM!

So everyone, call and see if you can pull it off too!

preciousqt
09-07-2010, 01:56 PM
My order got cancelled as well. Super sad about it.

Now I'm hoping some will pop up on ebay. I really wanted this blanket.

tlnt
09-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Tried calling BBB CS and lady spoke to manager but no luck with pricematching for the black/dots. Sry :( good luck.

Babymakes3
09-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Okay, so I ordered on 8/31 and called a few days later for update and was told they were cancelling my order, low inventory, apologized and said there was nothing they could do.

On 9/3 i called back again and played dumb all over again. Got a girl who felt bad because they were on the website selling the original version for full price. They said that they couldn't find any of the full price ones in the same color to price match but asked if i'd be okay if they price matched the Blanket Wave Dot color! Of course I said Yes.

Hadn't posted about it because i figured it was too good to be true, but i did get my shipping confirm this AM!

Lucky! I tried that last week but they said no, she finally said she was able to locate one of the chocolate ones for me at another store and they were sending it, I still don't have a shipping conf though.

julevizamom
09-07-2010, 07:54 PM
I ordered two, and got an email today saying one was cancelled but the other is on its way. Weird. :confused:: Will post back when the one arrives. Glad I ordered two.

brgnmom
09-08-2010, 07:09 PM
has anyone else received updates? My initial order from 8/26 was cancelled, but the CS rep kindly made a replacement order which I followed up on, and apparently it was just shipped today. I ordered from the Bed Bath Beyond store, but the blanket itself was shipped from a BBBaby store.

sewarsh
09-08-2010, 08:50 PM

I got mine today. Can't believe it, but its true. 2 of the Blanket Dot referenced in my post above for the same price of $11.24 each + ship. They are REALLY nice and so happy I was able to get a manager to price match the other color.

Try again ladies!

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
09-11-2010, 11:47 AM
For the chocolate stripe...would've preferred the dots, but oh well! 2 blankets coming my way! FWIW, I ordered on 8/30. Yay!

brgnmom
09-11-2010, 12:01 PM
I received the chocolate blanket yesterday! ;) I'm happy I actually received my order, so I don't have a real preference over the design.

It's a great high-quality blanket, and my DS loves it. Can't wait to use it with my second little one on her way next month or in Nov.

arivecchi
09-11-2010, 12:25 PM
I have both wave dot and uptown stripe. They are both great!

Babymakes3
09-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Has anyone whose order wasn't cancelled NOT received theirs yet?
My order was cancelled, then I called and they found one, I called last week and they said it was still processing.

edit - they finally called today to tell me that order was cancelled too but they did the substitution for the other color and expedited my shipping so I should have it soon! There was alot of work involved to get this deal, whew!

shoxie
09-17-2010, 05:28 PM
After ordering 8/26 and getting a cancellation, I FINALLY got the two blankets (albeit in the Wave Dot pattern, which I don't mind). I wrote an e-mail back to the order fulfillment people at BuyBuyBaby that I would like to substitute the Wave Dot pattern for the same price as I originally paid for the other pattern. A rep wrote back and said she'd placed a new order - yippee! I didn't want to believe it, but they're here! They are super-nice, and I am so grateful I got them! Thank you, OP! :yay:

Babymakes3
09-17-2010, 06:22 PM
I also got one this afternoon via fedex and i'm super confused bc they called me this morning to tell me that they had to cancel that order bc the store it had been reserved at couldn't find it. So it ended up that she gave me the black wave dot at the same price in a new order. I guess I need to check my cc now!