PDA

View Full Version : Another stroller question...sigh

tlw
08-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Going to WDW in October with 4 yo and 1 yo and have been following the advice about 2 singles. That would be the easier and cheapest option.

I have a Combi Savvy Soho that has lots of miles on it and is super light-weight (I LOVE this stroller!). So, I'm considering taking that and maybe picking up a Mac Volo or Triumph at Marshalls for $79 or $99, respectively. Is that the right thing to do or should I just rent a single when I get down there and not buy the Mac?

The other alternative would be the Sit and Ride or Stand (I don't know exactly what it's called). But it would be 1 stroller that could accomodate 2 kids. My 4 yo LOVES to ride, but he's tall and I don't think he'd be very comfortable in the jump seat.

I do LOVE the Combi, but fear it will break any day, due to constant use for nearly 5 years. When that happens, I will be devestated, but cannot endure the stress of researching all the options. The Mac seems like a good replacement (when needed) and the price is right now.

What would you do?

Also open to other suggestions, of course!

Momof3Labs
08-26-2010, 05:42 PM
I'd personally bring a fuller-featured stroller for a 1yo. Kids spend so many hours in their stroller on a WDW vacation. Look for a bigger hood (sun protection), adjustable legrest, full (or almost full) recline in case of naps, etc. I like a tray too for snacks. I think that an umbrella stroller is plenty for your 4yo. Perhaps a baby jogger rental (either single or double) is your best bet for this trip.

bubbaray
08-26-2010, 05:46 PM
I actually think you might find your 4yo sleeps in the stroller too. I know that both our girls (almost 6 and a little over 3 at our last trip) sleep in the stroller at DL.

Something like a Quest for the 4yo and something with a fuller recline for the 1yo (P3 or similar would be my choice -- nice snack tray, AWESOME canopy, not tippy, etc).

tlw
08-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Am I missing something here? If DC fall asleep, shouldn't we go back to the resort?

bubbaray
08-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Am I missing something here? If DC fall asleep, shouldn't we go back to the resort?

Heck no. Our first trip with the kids to DL, DD#2 was 2.5. She was still napping lots. She had all her naps in the park in her stroller, one of us just stayed with her and the stroller, the other parent went on rides with DD#1. If they were both napping (rare -- DD#1 was 5 that trip), one parent stayed with them, the other did adult rides. DD#2 still napped during this year's trip, but less often. Both girls slept at night in the strollers.

Momof3Labs
08-26-2010, 11:06 PM

Have you ever been to WDW?

They'll probably wake up by the time you get back; it can be a long (45 minutes, easily) trip back to the resort from the point in the park where they fall asleep. Depending on where you are staying, it could involve a bus ride (out of the stroller), too. Nope, if they konked out in the stroller, you can bet that we'd take advantage of the time in the parks, even if we just sit down in the shade with a cold drink for a while.