PDA

View Full Version : Swim diapers

TwoBees
08-27-2010, 08:36 AM
We have this swim outfit for DD:

http://www.diapers.com/product/productdetail.aspx?productid=37867

I'm not sure how the swim diaper works. Do we put it over a regular diaper? Do I use a huggies/pampers swim diaper under it?

TwinFoxes
08-27-2010, 09:04 AM
We have the ladybug and orange slice versions of this, it's great!

The diaper is reusable. You don't need another under it.

I didn't realize until reading here that swim diapers including sposies don't stop pee, only poop. I learned this only after our second course of swim classes!

TwoBees
08-27-2010, 09:21 AM
We have the ladybug and orange slice versions of this, it's great!

The diaper is reusable. You don't need another under it.

So I just wash it out afterwards? I'm glad I don't need anything under it, because Pampers and Huggies don't make disposible swim diapers in DD's size.

I didn't realize until reading here that swim diapers including sposies don't stop pee, only poop. I learned this only after our second course of swim classes!
Oh, good to know! We'll be in a lake so pee probably isn't an issue, but now I know for the future. So what do you do to contain pee at a pool?

jerigirl
08-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Oh, good to know! We'll be in a lake so pee probably isn't an issue, but now I know for the future. So what do you do to contain pee at a pool?

You don't ;) Not with disposibles any way. Or use those rubber training pants over the diaper. This also means you don't put the swim dipe on until you get to the pool, lake etc. or you could have a wet carseat.

Honestly I am not sure how the reusables work regarding containing pee. We never used them. Someone else will have to comment on that.

edurnemk
08-27-2010, 11:20 AM
You don't ;) Not with disposibles any way. Or use those rubber training pants over the diaper. This also means you don't put the swim dipe on until you get to the pool, lake etc. or you could have a wet carseat.

Honestly I am not sure how the reusables work regarding containing pee. We never used them. Someone else will have to comment on that.

We've used disposables a couple of times, they work the same as reusables, that is they don't contain pee, because if they did they'd swell up as soon as the kid hit the water and he'd sink from the weight! LOL So you can also get a wet carseat if you put them on before getting to the pool/lake/beach.

Anyway, this is why we avoid the kiddie pool because I just keep thinking it's just diluted pee! Sorry for that image, but it's the truth.

fedoragirl
09-01-2010, 10:35 PM
I would think the tons of chlorine they put in a pool would help with the pee that goes in there. I am pretty sure that kids are not the only culprits of peeing in the pool. I use a reusable swim diaper (iplay) and love it. It does not contain pee but it does contain poop. Mine is white so if DD has an accident, I can see it and change her right away. Thankfully, that has not happened yet.

twowhat?
09-01-2010, 11:52 PM
That's why public pools are so over-chlorinated. They expect kids (and adults??) to pee in the pool. No kind of swim diaper is meant to contain pee. At a public pool you are essentially swimming in diluted pee shrouded in chlorine. Nice, huh?

But from a scientific standpoint, there's no harm in pee (it's sterile, unless something is amiss). But poop...watch out!

We put our kids in a resusable swim diaper with a regular 'sposie over it and then when we get to the pool it's easy to take off the 'sposie and get in the water where everyone's pee is mingling:)

♥ms.pacman♥
09-02-2010, 10:04 AM
We put our kids in a resusable swim diaper with a regular 'sposie over it and then when we get to the pool it's easy to take off the 'sposie and get in the water where everyone's pee is mingling:)

this is so smart, i will do this next time with DS. cuz it's always a pain to have to find a place to lie DS down and take the regular diaper off and then put on a swim diaper.

TwoBees
09-02-2010, 10:10 AM

:hysterical:

But a very good idea. Thanks!