PDA

View Full Version : One week from today we go/ideas/thoughts?

Edensmum
08-27-2010, 11:17 AM
We leave Friday for Disney, we are staying at Port Orleans FQ for the long weekend, and returning on Tuesday. We live in GA so we are driving, so packing is easy as far as space.
I have an 8 month old, he is crawling and really heavy to carry around, so I will have my Hotsling and DH the Ergo. I have a Joovy Ultrlite which I am concerned is too big for getting on and off transport, it's really about the size of a regular full size stroller, but I am used to the Mac(quest) and Fizz. I want to bring the Joovy for parks as DD(5) can sit down/ rest at the end of long days and baby can sleep it's got a good recline, and will hold the stuff without tipping. I am also tempted to each push an umbrella for ease on transport. WWYD?

Any things that are great with babes? DD loves the Haunted Mansion Etc, can you take the babe on the rides and hold him? I have no idea how he would react to the dark ones.

TwinFoxes
08-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Have a great time!

I think some of the dark rides might freak a little one out. The Haunted Mansion might scare him in the part where you go into the room and it "drops" because all of the teenagers scream really loudly at the thunder clap. After that, it might be hard to calm him down and the stuff in the buggy portion might just continue to freak him out a bit.

He'd probably like Peter Pan though, it's pretty mellow, and I don't think he'd understand that Captain Hook is chasing them. Sadly, it's a small world is closed for renovation now, that would be a fun ride for him I'd bet.

Edensmum
08-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah I know you can skip the intro room for the mansion, but still it might be took dark, he never cries, but his eyes bug out in the dark. DD LOVES anything to do with spooky.
It just occurred to me that we may have an issue with letting her do what she wants and keeping him chill.

resipsaloquitur
09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Please report back on the Port Orleans. I"ve never stayed there and am considering them for my next trip.

Momof3Labs
09-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Please report back on the Port Orleans. I"ve never stayed there and am considering them for my next trip.

Lots of reviews of Port Orleans on this board already - in particular, Port Orleans French Quarter is a favorite of many of us due to its small size/footprint and the easy boatride to DTD. Port Orleans Riverside is more spread out but still very lush and pretty. The rooms themselves are basic but adequate. There are lots of pics of both resort (including rooms) on allearsnet.com