PDA

View Full Version : Question for mamas who use vinegar to clean

foodiezen
08-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Do you put the vinegar in a spray bottle? If so, does the acidity corrode the sprayer? If you don't put it in a sprayer, how do you acutually use it to clean? What is your % of mixture with water? TIA! --Katherine

edurnemk
08-27-2010, 02:30 PM
It depends on the use but I usually do 1 part vinegar, 4 parts water, roughly. I haven't had problem with the sprayer. I add a few drops of essential oil for a nice scent. And I add about 1/2 teaspoon of Dr. Bronners castille soap.

For the kitchen, I spray the surfaces, let it sit for a few seconds, then wipe with a microfiber towel, or scrub with a sponge if necessary. I also mop floors with this solution.

crl
08-27-2010, 02:31 PM
I use full strength vinegar (because I figure that maximizes it's disinfecting properties and it is cheap to start with). I keep it in plastic spray bottles, labelled with a sharpie. I've never had any problems with the bottles or sprayer part deteriorating.

Catherine

maestramommy
08-27-2010, 02:40 PM
I do 50/50 water and vinegar. Mostly I use it to clean countertops, floor, and windows. I haven't had a problem with corroding, but I think all the parts are plastic and rubber.

Melaine
08-27-2010, 02:40 PM
I do 50/50 water and vinegar. Mostly I use it to clean countertops, floor, and windows. I haven't had a problem with corroding, but I think all the parts are plastic and rubber.

:yeahthat: No problems with corrosion....been using the same old Method spray bottle for a couple years now.

infomama
08-27-2010, 02:41 PM
:yeahthat:

foodiezen
08-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Thank you all so much for your help! I definitely need to find a healthy alternative to cleaning as DC is licking/chewing on everything!