PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear when you go to Disney?

liz
08-27-2010, 06:13 PM
A previous thread got me thinking about what you all wear when you go to Disney. What is more important to you, looks/style or do you go for comfort?

FWIW, DH and I will be wearing athletic type apparel and sneakers. Not our everyday look, but we are going to be practical. Cotton shorts/t-shirts for the boys and decent looking dry-fit shorts/t-shirt for DH and me (not matching to each other, mind you ;)). The weather in Florida is hot and humid, plus with all the walking, I decided to save the cuter shorts/tops/sundresses for dinners etc.

DebbieJ
08-27-2010, 07:15 PM
It's totally about comfort.

TwinFoxes
08-27-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't think cute and comfortable are mutually exclusive. I wear pretty much the clothes I wear all of the time, with fewer long pants/jeans. Shorts, minis (although my minis are getting closer and closer to my knees, sigh), cute tops, cute born sandals. I'm not a big sneaker fan, they seem heavy and uncomfortable. My toes need to breathe! :) oh, and I will be sporting my favorite Disney jacket if it gets chilly. I have one cute BR dress for mommy/daddy dinner :)

My big challenge this time will be a bag. When I used to go to Disneyland I didn't have my munchkins, and would just carry everything in my Crumpler camera bag. I liked the bag EGoldberg posted in the fanny pack thread. And I might check out the REI sale.

DH will wear jeans and Banana Republic tees, maybe some golfing shorts, and his Tevas or Lowa walking boots. DDs, by day two they will be walking Disney billboards. ;)

egoldber
08-27-2010, 09:41 PM
I also wear my everyday casual clothes, which is generally fitted Ts from Lucy or Prana (despite my love of souvenir T's ;) ) and shorts or capris. In winter I will wear more jeans, but I tend to run hot.

fivi2
08-28-2010, 09:38 AM
One thing to remember (if your family is anything like mine!) there will be a lot of photos. So wear a shirt that will be somewhat flattering in pictures!

I do a lot of t-shirts and shorts. But I aim to wear my cute t-shirts!

LD92599
08-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Sleeveless t's or tanks for me with khaki shorts; still trying to decide on footwaer but usually walking sneakers and socks. Polo's and shorts for dh, t's and athletic shorts for ds1; ds2 for our next trip in a couple months, as many one piece outfits that will still fit for warmer temps.

clc053103
08-30-2010, 09:57 AM
tank and shorts with Fit Flops or Crocs Capri during the day. Sun dress at night.

boolady
08-30-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't think cute and comfortable are mutually exclusive.

:yeahthat: My summer clothes, which are cute (I think) graphic tees, tees with some embellishment, etc., bermudas, capris, knit skirts, are what I will be bringing when we go in October. I don't have "comfortable" clothes vs. "cute" clothes, unless you mean gym clothes, and my gym clothes are pretty sloppy looking. I wouldn't wear them to Disney.