PDA

View Full Version : Sears - Additional 50% off Clearance Toys

twinstar
08-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi all,

I rarely go to Sears, so I don't know if this has been going on for a while or if this is YMMV. There were a few aisles of clearance toys on sale yesterday for an additional 50% off. Picked up green and pink LeapFrog Tag readers (32 mb versions with the Cat in the Hat book + batteries included) for $15 each! I also bought a Clone Wars Tag book for $5.50 and a Playmobil Pirate Island Take Along Island playset for $9.50.

I wanted to buy a few more things, but my hands were full with my 25 month old DS running wild up and down the aisles, and I didn't bring his stroller or a cart with me because I wasn't expecting to buy anything (just planned on doing a return!) :dizzy:

DrSally
08-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Wow, I remember their Xmas sale, which was really good. I'll have to check it out next week when I have a mall trip planned already.

brgnmom
08-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi all,

I rarely go to Sears, so I don't know if this has been going on for a while or if this is YMMV. There were a few aisles of clearance toys on sale yesterday for an additional 50% off. Picked up green and pink LeapFrog Tag readers (32 mb versions with the Cat in the Hat book + batteries included) for $15 each! I also bought a Clone Wars Tag book for $5.50 and a Playmobil Pirate Island Take Along Island playset for $9.50.

I wanted to buy a few more things, but my hands were full with my 25 month old DS running wild up and down the aisles, and I didn't bring his stroller or a cart with me because I wasn't expecting to buy anything (just planned on doing a return!) :dizzy:

Hi twinstar,

Thank you for the heads up. Do you know which section of Sears sells the toys on clearance? I think I remember reading about a prior Sears sale (after Christmas), and the toys were in a completely different area from the kids' clothing section. Near hardware?

twinstar
08-28-2010, 07:43 PM
The clearance aisles were in the toy section of the Sears I went to, and also at the end near the DVD/media section. I went back again today and they had even more toys put out than yesterday. I picked up some more Playmobil sets in carrying cases ($5) since my DS has really been enjoying the one I got him yesterday. I also got him a Little Einsteins Pat Pat Rocket for $10.

jvs195
08-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Our Sears doesn't have a toy section until Christmas. Just a few free stands in the middle of the Kids' clothing section. I also never saw any of the clearance last time so maybe it depends on the store?

Babymakes3
08-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks, I plan on hitting the mall in a little while so i'll check it out. Our toys are in the tool department next to the lawn mowers...strange!

conniez
08-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks OP! Would have loved to pick up the LP Tag system for DD, but my 2 local Sears stores don't have it or much of a toy section :(