PDA

View Full Version : And the award for worst bumper sticker ever.....

MamaSnoo
08-28-2010, 09:58 PM
goes to the "lady" driving into the grocery in front of me today for:

If it wasn't meant to be eaten, it wouldn't look like a taco."

:eek: Why can't people be a little bit polite in public?

infomama
08-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Wow...that's crude.

ha98ed14
08-28-2010, 11:05 PM
??? Call me stupid, I don't get it...

MamaSnoo
08-28-2010, 11:16 PM
??? Call me stupid, I don't get it...

It is a very crude (IMO) reference to female anatomy. Totally uncalled for on a bumper sticker.

Clarity
08-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Wow...that's crude.

:yeahthat:

♥ms.pacman♥
08-28-2010, 11:20 PM
ok i'm no prude (one of my fav sitcoms is "Two & a Half Men") but really, that is, gross. why even go there (on a bumper sticker??)

ha98ed14
08-28-2010, 11:24 PM
It is a very crude (IMO) reference to female anatomy. Totally uncalled for on a bumper sticker.

You're kidding? That's just a poor analogy. I don't see how female genitalia look like a taco. I see much more similarity between male genitalia and a hot dog.

SnuggleBuggles
08-28-2010, 11:40 PM
ok i'm no prude (one of my fav sitcoms is "Two & a Half Men") but really, that is, gross. why even go there (on a bumper sticker??)

:yeahthat: Me too. I am not at all a prude and my favorite show is Entourage- a step farther than 2 and a Half Men. :) Crude, tasteless, nasty bumper sticker. Yick.

Beth

belovedgandp
08-29-2010, 12:03 AM
As I now enter the world of having a child capable of reading these things bother me more than before. Already had a couple of discussions initiated by DS1 reading t-shirt slogans that I wasn't quite ready to have yet.

Penny's Pappa
08-29-2010, 01:44 AM
Classy! Almost as classy as the rubber scrotums people hang from their trailer hitches!

MamaSnoo
08-29-2010, 09:15 AM
As I now enter the world of having a child capable of reading these things bother me more than before. Already had a couple of discussions initiated by DS1 reading t-shirt slogans that I wasn't quite ready to have yet.

I was so glad that DD does not read yet! That was my first thought....

liz
08-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Classy! Almost as classy as the rubber scrotums people hang from their trailer hitches!

Eeewwww, I so agree with you! How is that funny? Especially when you try to explain what that is to your 70 year old aunt.

MamaMolly
08-29-2010, 11:55 AM

I've even seen the chrome version of these. Eeeeewwww. And Eeeeeeewwww to the OP. I could see my former Stepmonster putting that on her car. Ick.

TwinFoxes
08-29-2010, 12:11 PM

Really? I've never seen this, and I live in truck country. Ugh.

The bumper sticker is beyond crude. I'm sure she wonders why she never meets any nice guys.

There of course is (was?) a small Mexican restaurant chain called Pink Taco...I should have mentioned that in the "stores you boycott without exception" thread, because if I were starving I would eat my car upholstry before I gave that A**h*** owner money. I saw him being interviewed once with such a smirky expression. Jerk.

mamicka
08-29-2010, 12:49 PM
& here I always thought that was something about not being a vegetarian. :bag I've only seen it a couple times & apparently I'm more clueless than I thought. I had no idea. Tacky.

scrooks
08-29-2010, 03:26 PM

I saw a pair of those for the first time last month when we were on vacation. I was really grossed out...they were metallic gold on the truck I saw them on. Really nasty!

ehf
08-29-2010, 11:06 PM
A new classroom aide at the school where I work had, "Save a horse, ride a cowgirl" as her bumper sticker. It became a whole huge issue that the principal asked her to park so that the sticker was not visible to the students on the playground.

I couldn't believe that she not only had the sticker--she felt the need to defend it to her boss at school.

Tacky, tacky. She didn't last the year.

MamaMolly
08-30-2010, 01:11 AM
A new classroom aide at the school where I work had, "Save a horse, ride a cowgirl" as her bumper sticker. It became a whole huge issue that the principal asked her to park so that the sticker was not visible to the students on the playground.

I couldn't believe that she not only had the sticker--she felt the need to defend it to her boss at school.

Tacky, tacky. She didn't last the year.

Scandalous! I'm sure everyone is glad she is gone. :eek:

AngelaS
08-30-2010, 08:42 AM
We saw a truck the other day that said "I love Jesus" but Jesus was crossed out and replaced with the word b low jobs. Um... Fabulous. Thankfully we were going too fast on the interstate for my 12 year old to read what it said. Seriously? What kind of jerk puts that on his truck for all the world (and my children!?) to read??

g-mama
08-30-2010, 08:48 AM
We saw a truck the other day that said "I love Jesus" but Jesus was crossed out and replaced with the word b low jobs. Um... Fabulous. Thankfully we were going too fast on the interstate for my 12 year old to read what it said. Seriously? What kind of jerk puts that on his truck for all the world (and my children!?) to read??

That's just gross and so wrong. You REALLY take these things more seriously once your children can read.

I was in Costco once with my oldest ds and we were walking towards a dude wearing a shirt that said: "Making love: something my girlfriend does while I'm f#@&ing her."

I had to do some major distraction to get him to look at something and hope that we didn't cross that guy's path again in another aisle.

Binkandabee
08-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Yuck. So tacky!

I'm in Oklahoma and unfortunately see the trailer hitch hanging scrotums all too often. Those aren't quite as bad though as the guy in Wal-Mart whose shirt read "I'm not a gynecologist...but I'll take a look!". So disgusting.

willow33
08-31-2010, 03:46 PM
ick!! I saw a man driving a car today and his sticker said "Manwhore". Hmm...wonder if he's single??? Gross!!

BabyMine
08-31-2010, 03:55 PM
See I read it and now I want taco bell. Growing up I was very naive about stuff like that. I remember when I died my hair auburn and when I went to my after school job (I was 16) a guy friend asked me if the carpet matched the drapes. I told him that the drapes were a little darker but they were both a shade of beige - I was talking about my house. Needless to say everyone got a good laugh.

DH was raised in Miami and taught me a lot of the slang. My mind will never be the same.

caleymama
08-31-2010, 04:49 PM
UGH!

In the past week I've seen "I love sluts" on two different cars on the same local road. Thankfully DDs haven't seen it - not looking forward to explaining that one. Fingers crossed it's not a trend that's about to be plastered everywhere.

kdeunc
08-31-2010, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=BabyMine;2837920]Growing up I was very naive about stuff like that. I remember when I died my hair auburn and when I went to my after school job (I was 16) a guy friend asked me if the carpet matched the drapes. I told him that the drapes were a little darker but they were both a shade of beige - I was talking about my house. Needless to say everyone got a good laugh. QUOTE]

That is hilarious and sounds exactly like something I would have said at 16.

Reyadawnbringer
09-03-2010, 09:05 AM
See I read it and now I want taco bell. Growing up I was very naive about stuff like that. I remember when I died my hair auburn and when I went to my after school job (I was 16) a guy friend asked me if the carpet matched the drapes. I told him that the drapes were a little darker but they were both a shade of beige - I was talking about my house. Needless to say everyone got a good laugh.

DH was raised in Miami and taught me a lot of the slang. My mind will never be the same.

Now see that post combined with op's bumper sticker reminds me of a convo I had with a friend 2 summers ago. And they have not let me live it down since.

I was 30 weeks pregnant and was barely allowed to eat anything because of my gestational diabetes. My male friend had been interested in a woman and was explaining that it wasn't going to work out with them because the woman preferred tacos and not hot dogs. At that point I incredulously inquired as to why that mattered and matter-of-factly responded that I liked tacos AND hot dogs equally.

I was talking about food, and he was not. I still haven't lived that one down.

Melanie
09-04-2010, 02:27 AM
Now see that post combined with op's bumper sticker reminds me of a convo I had with a friend 2 summers ago. And they have not let me live it down since.

I was 30 weeks pregnant and was barely allowed to eat anything because of my gestational diabetes. My male friend had been interested in a woman and was explaining that it wasn't going to work out with them because the woman preferred tacos and not hot dogs. At that point I incredulously inquired as to why that mattered and matter-of-factly responded that I liked tacos AND hot dogs equally.

I was talking about food, and he was not. I still haven't lived that one down.

LMAO!!!

I've seen the scrotums...they amuse me but ITA not something I want a child to ask about and I do wonder what on earth would make someone WANT that on their car? And to the OP, WTH was that driver thinking? Have we, as a society, just lost all ability to FILTER our thoughts? :irked: