PDA

View Full Version : good overnight diapers?

♥ms.pacman♥
08-28-2010, 11:37 PM
we use disposables at night, and DS had been doing great in 7th Generation dipes (size 3). however, recently i've noticed that the dipe has been getting super-full and has been leaking onto his clothes (and DS doesn't nurse in the middle of the night..we put on a dipe at 8pm, nurse, he goes to sleep, then at 6am when he wakes up to nurse again the diaper is soaking).

anyway DH was thinking to just go to size 4, but he's still only 20 lbs, so it seems to make more sense into getting overnight diapers. are there some y'all can recommend? are there any "natural" options (we love 7th Gen, but they don't seem to carry overnight dipes). thanks!

resipsaloquitur
08-29-2010, 12:56 AM
DD is 20 pounds and she is in Huggies Supreme over nights. She does get up to nurse and although the diaper is super full at the end of the night, it rarely (once a month?) leaks.

elektra
08-29-2010, 01:24 AM
Not sure about all the "natural" options but Huggies Overnight diapers work for us.

DietCokeLover
08-29-2010, 07:48 AM
We used Huggies Overnights with DD. But, have found the Pampers Extra Protection are better with DS.

okinawama
08-29-2010, 09:24 AM
we are another huggies overnight users.

Smillow
08-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I tried the pampers overnights & had leaks. Now we use huggies overnites - love 'em!

SnuggleBuggles
08-29-2010, 12:55 PM
We owned a few cloth diaper covers (the kind that hold prefolds like Bummis and ProWraps- available on Amazon) and put those over the disposables. No leaks.

Beth

WatchingThemGrow
08-29-2010, 02:40 PM
What about sizing up for nighttime? We size up for nighttime before doing it during the day. At 20lbs, my DS2 was in size 4. You don't have to go by the weight on the package.

Indianamom2
08-29-2010, 04:44 PM
What about sizing up for nighttime? We size up for nighttime before doing it during the day. At 20lbs, my DS2 was in size 4. You don't have to go by the weight on the package.

:yeahthat:

I think this would be the cheaper option as well. My Ds#2 is a shrimp in height and weight. He just now, at 13+ months, has hit 20 lbs. and he's been wearing size 4 for a while now. With both kids, the weight limit on the diaper package never matched up.

barkley1
08-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Pampers Overnights leaked. We sized up and switched to Huggies Overnights. Now that he's over a year and not drinking but 2 bottles a day, we could probably size up in regular diapers, but I'm too lazy to deal with soaked PJ's while trying to find the right one .

Andi98989
08-29-2010, 10:31 PM
DS was in Huggies Little Movers size 3 during the day and Huggies Overnights size 4 at night. It's worked great for us.

Momto1
08-30-2010, 02:34 PM

I agree

We usually use Huggies overnights, but we've had just as much success with putting DD in a diaper one size larger than her day diaper.

FWIW, DD is 20 lbs and is now wearing a size 4. Last night, she went to bed super early (4:30) and was wearing a 7th Generation size 4. When she woke this morning at 6am, the diaper was super full, but no leaks. I was shocked.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-30-2010, 02:50 PM
hmm, ok i guess sizing up is worth a shot since we'll need to get that size eventually anyway. just got some size 4 from 7th Generation using that 20% off coupon for amazon. we'll see if that works and if not we'll try overnites. thanks everyone!

YouAreTheFocus
08-30-2010, 02:53 PM
We use the huggies overnites in size 3. DS is 11 mos, also ~20lbs. They run pretty big, I think he'll be in the 3s for quite a lot longer. I recommend them!

arivecchi
08-30-2010, 02:53 PM
What about sizing up for nighttime? We size up for nighttime before doing it during the day. At 20lbs, my DS2 was in size 4. You don't have to go by the weight on the package.:yeahthat: We have some Huggies Overnights and I cannot wait to finish the package. I much prefer to simply use bigger Baby Dry diapers.

AnnieW625
08-31-2010, 02:55 PM
For DD1 who has always been a heavy wetter at night we started using Huggies Overnights at size 3 and had no problems with them. We used those until we started using Kirkland diapers when DD was just over 2 yrs. old and they worked fine at night too. Then when DD1 hit 3/1/2 I bought some Fuzzi Bunz pocket diapers (knowing I was going to have another baby) to use at night and those worked quite well until DD1 was about 4 yrs. old. The FBs are great because they are all one size diaper. I will probably start DD2 in those right around 6 mos. old.

peanut520
08-31-2010, 10:48 PM
dd (18 mo) 21 lbs is in size 3 seventh gen diapers during the day and size 4 at night and we have not had any leaks. sizing up is cheaper that going to the overnites and i like sticking with the seventh gen.

catsnkid
09-01-2010, 10:39 AM
I like both brands of overnite dipes. He has stopped being such a heavy wetter at night so the pampers overnites are working okay, and I kind of prefer them to Huggies, I got a deal on Amazon so we are using those right now.

♥ms.pacman♥
09-01-2010, 10:48 AM
thx again everyone. last nite we tried a size 4 7th generation and while the diaper did seem big on him, he went from 8p to 8am with no leaks (and he nursed at 8:30p and at 7:30a). so far, so good. if he gets leaks i'll try putting a bummis or thirsties cover on top.

Babymakes3
09-01-2010, 01:51 PM
DS wears Huggies Overnites, we tried Pampers too but they leaked.