PDA

View Full Version : Baby Won't Eat!!

lks
08-29-2010, 10:46 PM
My almost 10 month old son won't drink his formula all of a sudden! He normally has 25-28 oz in a day. Today, he only had about 11 oz TOTAL! And, he did not have much more than that during the past few days as well. He has eaten solids, though (Today he ate about 2 tbsp oatmeal and a container of yobaby yogurt for breakfast, a jar of peas for lunch, and about 4 oz of chicken and sweet potatoes and another container of yogurt for dinner). So he is eating, it's just that he REFUSES his bottle of formula. Should I be worried??

He is teething (top teeth), so I guess it could be that and he did have a cold about 8 days ago, so I am also wondering if it could be an ear infection. Just wondering if I should take him to the doctor.

Indianamom2
08-29-2010, 10:58 PM
My Ds is like that every.single.time he teeths. He absolutely hates hit bottle when teething. He'll regular food, but sucking on the bottle must hurt his mouth.

That would be my best guess.

Kestrel
08-29-2010, 11:08 PM
We did this, too, when teething. My DS did better with drinking out of a cup, rather than a bottle while this was going on. You might try another method for his fluids; sippy cup, reg cup or straw cup.