PDA

View Full Version : Tripp Trapp Color Matching Question

new_mom_mry
08-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Hi everyone, I would greatly appreciate your advice re: the following question. Would you say that when choosing between a Tripp Trapp baby set in natural vs. walnut, natural would look better with a natural Tripp Trapp or walnut would result in a more fun, contrasting color combo? We already purchased the Tripp Trapp in natural and now trying to choose a color for the baby set. Unfortunately, our choices are between those two colors only. Please advise!

Thanks in advance!!

wallawala
08-30-2010, 11:16 PM
I'd go with the natural/natural look. But I'm a stick-in-the-mud traditionalist!

There's a lot of great mixed wood furniture that looks great and very stylish...so if you've got that kinda decor, I can see the mixed set looking really fun and funky!

BayGirl2
08-31-2010, 12:39 AM
Definitely depends on your style. We have cherry furniture so I got the dark wood tripp trapp and coordinated baby set. But I like everything to coordinate, and part of my reason for getting a TT was to not have mis-matching baby gear all over.

But if you like that look and it will work with your decor, then go for it. Post a pic so we can see how it turned out!

smilequeen
08-31-2010, 10:21 AM
I think either could work. I have a mixed wood table (creamy white with a darker wood top), so I'd consider doing it. However, we went with blue and red Stokke chairs :)

new_mom_mry
08-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Thank you everyone, I told my husband to pick up a baby set in natural then! :) Right now our dining room table + chairs are actually a light shade of espresso, BUT we are planning to get different dining room furniture once we move to a bigger place, so could potentially color match it to Tripp Trapp then if will be possible.

BayGirl2--I would post pics but for now the Tripp Trapp itself is hanging out in a box in the baby's room closet. Our baby is not due until until Nov 15 + give or take another 6 months until he will need a high chair. I suppose since I am now going with a more common color combo vs. something more original you already have an idea of how it would look! :)