PDA

View Full Version : Polly Pocket Question

katydid1971
08-31-2010, 01:39 PM
DD has little Disney Princess dolls my dad got her. They are a couple inches tall and have rubber clothes. She loves these dolls and plays with them all the time. She has me changing their clothes several times a day. They clothes are really hard to change. I was looking at the polly pockets and was wondering if they have the same clothes and how hard it is to change their clothes. Thanks.

tiapam
08-31-2010, 01:54 PM
The Polly Pocket clothes are similar. DD was older when she started playing with them. I would do a few changes and then tell her when it was the last time. So you could try limiting the aggravation that way, assuming your DD will understand. DS is two also, and he probably would not "get" it. You could also modify the clothes a little to make them easier to change. Like cut the dresses up the back. They will often rip eventually anyway from all the changing.

WatchingThemGrow
08-31-2010, 03:38 PM
For the age of your daughter, I'd look at Snap N Style dolls. I learned about them here, and my DD (2 years older than yours) still enjoys playing with them. I've yet to bring out the Polly Pockets we got from someone, although I plan to soon.

s7714
08-31-2010, 11:40 PM
My 5 and 7 year olds have a slew of both the Disney princess ones and actual Polly Pockets. They're all a pain to get the clothes on and off of to be quite honest. My kids have gotten better at it over the years, but some of the outfits are so stubborn even I can barely get them on and off. We've gotten to the point that we just do a little tailoring to some of the ones that are the most difficult. Like if a dress has really tight long sleeves that are impossible to get on/off, we cut off the sleeves to make it short sleeved, etc. That's eliminated a lot of the problems, but of course that solution doesn't always work for everything.

Tenasparkl
09-01-2010, 01:31 PM
DD has little Disney Princess dolls my dad got her. They are a couple inches tall and have rubber clothes. She loves these dolls and plays with them all the time. She has me changing their clothes several times a day. They clothes are really hard to change. I was looking at the polly pockets and was wondering if they have the same clothes and how hard it is to change their clothes. Thanks.

My daughter insists on the clothes coming off and on over and over too. Jasmine's outfit is so hard to get back on!