PDA

View Full Version : So while we're talking fashion...what to wear for family picture?

TwinFoxes
08-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Since we'll be at WDW only a few months before Christmas, my big plan is to have a Christmas card photo taken there. The question is, what to wear? We'll be at Disney, so obviously we won't be dressed up at all. But I don't want to look like we all tumbled out of bed either. Have any of you done a holiday photo at Disney before? If so what did you wear? I assume the girls will be wearing their ears, but I have no other ideas. :)

Oh, and if you have a suggestion for where to take the photo, let me know (the obvious place is in front of the castle).

infomama
08-31-2010, 03:46 PM
My girls would want to wear princess dresses but if your dds are going to wear ears that probably wouldn't fit the bill. Maybe white v-necks/tanks for the girls with 'minnie mouse' skirts (red with white polka dots). You and your DH could co ordinate with that outfit pretty easily.
OR how about sundresses for the girls???

TwinFoxes
09-02-2010, 05:12 PM
I like the sundresses idea. They also have navy sailor jumpers that might be cute. I could look for a blue print top so as not to look matchy matchy. Don't know about DH. Any other suggestions?

ray7694
09-02-2010, 06:55 PM
I would get an outfit from etsy. My friend did this type but with the writing 1st visit.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/55241593/free-monogramming-minnie-tshirt-short?ref=sr_gallery_9&ga_search_query=disney&ga_search_type=&ga_page=3&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title

crl
09-03-2010, 01:17 PM
DH's can alway wear a coordinating polo shirt. At least that's my family photo theory and I implement it by telling dh to either find something else or I'm buying him a polo. He always finds something else. Lol.

Catherine

TwinFoxes
09-03-2010, 02:23 PM
I would get an outfit from etsy. My friend did this type but with the writing 1st visit.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/55241593/free-monogramming-minnie-tshirt-short?ref=sr_gallery_9&ga_search_query=disney&ga_search_type=&ga_page=3&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title

OK, that's pretty cute. I may have to convince DH to start letting me buy Disney stuff early...

elektra
09-03-2010, 02:26 PM
OK, that's pretty cute. I may have to convince DH to start letting me buy Disney stuff early...

I agree. And I think it would be even cuter on twins!

I would say you and your DH should wear red if you go this route. Red polo for DH and some kind of red top for you. It's Christmas-y too. :)

TwinFoxes
09-20-2010, 10:12 PM
So I ended up buying the t-shirts that Ray 7694 recommended. At least I'm pretty sure they are the same because her link suddenly went kaput. This is what I ordered, and they turned out super cute. Just an FYI for anyone looking for a cute WDW shirt :)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/56813847/free-monogramming-minnie-tshirt-short

elektra
09-20-2010, 10:46 PM
What are you and your DH going to wear? Love those shirts for the girls!

TwinFoxes
09-21-2010, 06:50 AM
What are you and your DH going to wear? Love those shirts for the girls!

I have no idea yet! DH has some nice solid color casual button up short sleeve shirts, kind of a cross between hipster and resort wear, he'll probably wear one of those (wow, there were a lot of words in that sentence!) I know I'm in the minority, but I'm really anti-polo shirt.

I have several tops I can wear...now that I think about it I have a green one, and so does DH, so maybe we'll wear those. Honestly, we could wear burlap sacks, everyone really just wants to see DDs!!