PDA

View Full Version : For those using Nature's One Baby's Only Organic Formula

div_0305
08-31-2010, 02:56 PM
The company switched to a new BPA free easy open liner about 6mos ago. I only have experience with this liner. When mixing batches of formula I often see particles at the bottom of the batch (I mix in a really large pyrex measuring cup). I've been able to isolate these particles before they get into the feeding bottles. Sometimes they are brown specks, but I'm concerned about the thin, metallic looking particles I find sometimes.

This happens w/ almost every new can I open and I worry it is "chards" from the easy open liner, which is metal. I called the company about it because I wanted to know if others have reported the same issue. I also requested that they consider a liner that is not metal, like foil or something which could be glued shut rather than peeling away metal.

The rep. told me they often hear about the brown particles, but those would be from the brown rice ingredients. The metal chards have not been reported previously. So, while I don't think there are many people on this board using this brand, if you do, could you please post here if you've noticed the same, and then call Nature's One about it? This way I imagine they would act faster to change the liner.

I'm still going to use this formula because it is the best in terms of ingredients of all the organic formulas I've compared. Also, I'm able to isolate the specks as they stay at the bottom of the batch as I'm pouring into bottles. But I am still concerned and hope the company can find a new BPA free liner substitute. TIA!!!!

fedoragirl
09-01-2010, 10:29 PM
I just started using this formula, but I didn't notice any metallic shards or brown specks. I just got one tin though, so I may not have been looking carefully. Overall, I'm happy that they have a BPA free tin which other organic formulas do not, nor do they bother to inform their consumers. I absolutely hate that I've had to spend hours researching something simple which should have been disclosed by the manufacturer.
Anyway, I will definitely be on the lookout for these specks in the future tins? BTW, I read that they don't have a scoop in their tins to avoid contamination but mine had a scoop. What is true...scoop in tin or not?

Oh, I also wanted to ask if your LO has ever had constipation with this formula? We just started today and DD had severe constipation and it hurt her terribly. I am wondering if it's the rice. She has never had constipation before. I won't change the formula because its's really good but I gave her enough prunes puree to last a lifetime. :D

div_0305
09-02-2010, 02:02 PM
The scoop is also BPA free according to the company. My child had constipation the first time we put her on formula at 6mos. She had a BM after 3 days but did not strain terribly and was not in pain. The dr. said to give her a little apple or pear juice mixed w/ water to help with constipation. No more constipation after that first time. I think it was due to her body getting used to formula v. just BM.

fedoragirl
09-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks! I saw how much she was straining and I was terrified. She also spotted with all that straining...so, I was very concerned and tried to research. She also has a bright red diaper rash in the rectal area and I'm wondering if it's the formula or because of the constipation.
Sorry for snatching your thread, but I don't know who else to ask. Our ped. is not very eco-friendly or organic-minded. He would just roll his eyes if I told him that I switched baby's formula to this, and tell me to switch to Good Start or one like that.