PDA

View Full Version : Wwyd? Go to wdw without dh

Octobermommy
09-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I posted last year about whether I should go to wdw 34 weeks pg. We went and I had a great time. Although if I had gone at 35 weeks it wouldn't have been so great, so I lucked out.

We have a trip planned to see Christmas decorations this winter with me, dh, my mom and 3 kids (6,3,13 months). My dh might have to work instead of vacation.

Two options: cancel trip all together

or. Cancel 1 room ( we had 2 rooms booked) and go with me, my mom and the kids. My dh is the fastpass guy so it will slow us down without him which will be different. I've also never been with 3 kiddos before. My mom is a big help but not as good as my dh. We had a nice dinner out planned and a late night at epcot planned which we would cancel. It makes me sad to think of going without him but we still want to go to wdw. I also said I would not go back with a 2 yr old so that would postpone our next trip for 2 yrs. I don't think he Really wants us to go without him but he will support my decision.

If you are still following, thank you! Any btdt???

clc053103
09-01-2010, 03:56 PM
I go every year without DH- I only have 1 DS but I travel with mom, sister, and my two nephews as well. IF you don't plan on going for two years, I wouldn't cancel this trip. Seeing the Christmas decorations sounds like a really nice time to go!

TwinFoxes
09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
In your situation, since your mom is with you, I'd go. I don't want to be doom and gloom, but I think it's a good idea to make memories with grandparents and not put them off (my kids only have 2 of 4 GPs left).

Your trip will be different, but it will still be fun. You'll probably get to see and do stuff you wouldn't with Mr. Fastpass. :)

Octobermommy
09-02-2010, 04:47 PM
THanks for the responses. I really would like to go but the 3 kids, including a newly 3 yr old and 13 month old have me a teensy bit worried. My dh is thinking that it might be more trouble than it is worth to deal with the boys without him there to help.

Any other opinions are welcomed!

hillview
09-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I'd go and lower my expectations in terms of how much you get done.
/hillary

Octobermommy
09-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Just wanted to update and say we are going! Yay! I'm so excited. A more laid back trip sounds wonderful.