PDA

View Full Version : How are your children reacting to your pregnancy?

luckytwenty
09-01-2010, 04:31 PM
It's been good and bad. The good: both of my kids have become extremely, uncharacteristcally affectionate. Like constantly kissing and hugging me, touching my belly, talking to it, etc.. They now will fight over who gets to hug me or sit next to me or whatever! And when the rest of the world is telling me how huge I am, it's nice to have my kids tell me I'm beautiful. My son said to me yesterday, "Aww, you're my cute little mommy." (Wouldn't exactly describe myself as little these days!)

The bad is my daughter's babytalking. She's almost 5 and recently began talking like a 2 year old. It's very aggravating. She also has been poaching baby items from the baby room and using them on her dolls. Which I don't really care about, but I wish I could get her to at least TELL me that she's borrowing them first. :-P She tried to make the point that the Tiny Love mat was a "girl" mat so our baby couldn't even use it, anyway. Nice try!

brgnmom
09-01-2010, 05:53 PM
my son has been excited about his baby sister and he has been affectionate around my pregnant belly. He has also been using the opportunity to ask for additional toys to share with his sibling on-the-way. we are going through some regression as well, b/c I've noticed an increased level of whining from him when he doesn't get things his way.

swissair81
09-01-2010, 07:09 PM
They were all loving and affectionate to the belly. Now...um... Hmm, dd2 threw a block at her head today. Ds has looks in his eye like he'd like to dispose of her somewhere & dd1 is in a permanently goofy mood.

luckytwenty
09-02-2010, 11:53 AM
They were all loving and affectionate to the belly. Now...um... Hmm, dd2 threw a block at her head today. Ds has looks in his eye like he'd like to dispose of her somewhere & dd1 is in a permanently goofy mood.

You're scaring me!!!

But hopefully in a few weeks, they'll go back to the way they treated her in utero.

newg
09-02-2010, 03:48 PM
DD didn't really get it till I started getting big. But once she started to understand she loved telling people where her baby sister was. She would hug and kiss and tickle my belly too.
Now I'd say she loves DD2 even more!